uGag Series

Deleted member 2897

Sure it's early but this was a golden opportunity. Teams like Duke have killer pitching this year so we have our work cut out. I'm biased since I expected us to struggle early on and not be able to get the super regional seed anyway. But we can do more damage in post season than we have.

I'll keep supporting these guys. Next year, we should be stronger at the start and with the recruiting just keep building in following years. Nothing we can do about it other than provide donations.

Yep, that’s why yesterdays game was such a killer. When you have like 12 chances to win, you can’t whiff on all 12.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Uga has beaten us all the time when we should’ve won on paper .. in all sports !! The best examples are 09 football & 04 basketball , we should play out our mind vs them & do whatever we can to beat them , & I bet their fans don’t say “oh well they’re good it’s fine “
So, we beat them when we aren't supposed to too. Like last year in baseball.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
We are very unlikely to host a super regional now. Needed to win this series. So it matters.

But since we can't do anything about it, just enjoy life and go on. We'll all be dead soon enough.
You probably didnt ask for this title, but I see you as a voice of reason and this is a tad overboard. Was that Oktoberfest strong stuff lmao

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Lets be realistic about this.... We had high expectations after dominating last year and then stumbling to those inbreds over in Columbus GA lite..... I get it, but folks we lost a ton of production on offense and defense. I think our core is solid and I really like our chances to compete for the Coastal. The season is young!!! FK U [sic] GA.... they aint worth the energy. Lets regroup, focus on the tasks ahead and win!!!! THWg!!!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
We are very unlikely to host a super regional now. Needed to win this series. So it matters.

But since we can't do anything about it, just enjoy life and go on. We'll all be dead soon enough.

Sure it's early but this was a golden opportunity. Teams like Duke have killer pitching this year so we have our work cut out. I'm biased since I expected us to struggle early on and not be able to get the super regional seed anyway. But we can do more damage in post season than we have.

I'll keep supporting these guys. Next year, we should be stronger at the start and with the recruiting just keep building in following years. Nothing we can do about it other than provide donations.

Nuke, I love ya, even though I've never met you...

But, the first 3 weeks of the season never dictate where a team will finish. Yes, it is a lost opportunity, but we can still beat every team left on our schedule, including UGA, MIA, Duke, etc. This team has played better so far than I thought they would after all they lost, so hopefully they keep building on that. Just win the next one!

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Rough 2 days. 1 could’ve, should’ve, and 1 that got ugly in the end. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Obviously this is a team that is trying to find its identity. I don’t think anyone is, but it is unfair to this team to compare it at all with last years team. The heartbreaking loss in the regional aside, last years team was elite and special, and the talent that was lost is not easily replaced. English, Big Mac , Murray, CT, Zay, and Willingham are all getting paid. Lee , Carp, Key , and Rob were all Sr down in the pen, and had been exposed to big time ball even if sparingly for some. This team has a lot of growing to do. Let’s enjoy the ride , which may be bumpy at times. Go Jackets! Oh, and I almost forgot THWg!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Rough 2 days. 1 could’ve, should’ve, and 1 that got ugly in the end. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Obviously this is a team that is trying to find its identity. I don’t think anyone is, but it is unfair to this team to compare it at all with last years team. The heartbreaking loss in the regional aside, last years team was elite and special, and the talent that was lost is not easily replaced. English, Big Mac , Murray, CT, Zay, and Willingham are all getting paid. Lee , Carp, Key , and Rob were all Sr down in the pen, and had been exposed to big time ball even if sparingly for some. This team has a lot of growing to do. Let’s enjoy the ride , which may be bumpy at times. Go Jackets! Oh, and I almost forgot THWg!
If this post doesn't ring "true" to you... read it again.

... if you still don't get it. I can't help you.

Great post. I needed it.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess my post was twofold. On one hand I’m still heartbroken and pissed over last year and the way it ended, but what a fun team to watch with so many people stepping up in key situations after injuries etc. Winning the state emphatically, especially the mutt series, and the loss was basically a who cares game from our standpoint. On the other hand , this is a new year and team, and we will have to let them grow. Hughes, Archer, Waddell, Goldy and Hall have the most experience, with Cort , Baron, Webb andBartnicki also seasoned somewhat. Hopefully they can bring along the young guys, and become a fun team to watch before the year is over. I do know that they will battle, and that’s all I ask.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You probably didnt ask for this title, but I see you as a voice of reason and this is a tad overboard. Was that Oktoberfest strong stuff lmao

Yeah, most of the growler is gone and the brewery is closed today. :(

Note that when I said we would all be dead soon enough, I didn't give a time frame. In geological terms, less than the blink of an eye. Just my sarcastic way of saying to enjoy life because we only have so much time; there were some very negative comments in chat that were still bothering me. Kind of like football negativity in a baseball discussion. Definitely too philosophical and somewhat mauldin after drinking.

Nuke, I love ya, even though I've never met you...

But, the first 3 weeks of the season never dictate where a team will finish. Yes, it is a lost opportunity, but we can still beat every team left on our schedule, including UGA, MIA, Duke, etc. This team has played better so far than I thought they would after all they lost, so hopefully they keep building on that. Just win the next one!

Yeah I agree that the results are not dictated; it is just very unlikely we'll go to super regionals. We won't win all the remaining series; it's baseball and we are very inexperienced. Hosting a super-regional is limited to 16 teams. I think it will be very difficult to be in those top 16 given the teams we are seeing. But I do expect us to get better as the season goes on given the players talent and coaching staff we have.

Anyway. Flushed the game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ll admit to being extremely disappointed in losing our regional last year. It’s been a common theme over most of his tenure to underachieve at the end(excepting ‘94 with CJMs’ players and ‘02 & ‘06). Although as has been pointed out, this is a different team and a new Pitching Coach-and it’s not fair to lump them in with last year(and we can’t blame Ramsey for the bats, since he’s been here).

I’m just waiting to see if he’s going to retire after Collin leaves?
Hall has a good record at Tech, but so did Leggett at Clemson after 30+ years(and he was ushered out).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
A lot of you are being unfair. Except for one inning,we were in a decent chance of pulling it out. Are you going to give up based on that?