uGag Series

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, most of the growler is gone and the brewery is closed today. :(

Note that when I said we would all be dead soon enough, I didn't give a time frame. In geological terms, less than the blink of an eye. Just my sarcastic way of saying to enjoy life because we only have so much time; there were some very negative comments in chat that were still bothering me. Kind of like football negativity in a baseball discussion. Definitely too philosophical and somewhat mauldin after drinking.

Yeah I agree that the results are not dictated; it is just very unlikely we'll go to super regionals. We won't win all the remaining series; it's baseball and we are very inexperienced. Hosting a super-regional is limited to 16 teams. I think it will be very difficult to be in those top 16 given the teams we are seeing. But I do expect us to get better as the season goes on given the players talent and coaching staff we have.

Anyway. Flushed the game.
Only 8 teams host super regional... & only 16 host anything (regional).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A lot of you are being unfair. Except for one inning,we were in a decent chance of pulling it out. Are you going to give up based on that?
No, we dislike losing to Ga., immensely.
Welcome to the Baseball Forum. Where the realists exist.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GT19901990

Georgia Tech Fan
We are in a new era with Ramsey and Borrell. And we have lots of potential in our Fr and future commits.

I’m hoping that the Charlie Brown era is done now. I wasn’t expecting much at all this year, but think we have a chance to be pretty good. Maybe win a regional if the freshman continue to progress. A win today would be a good start

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Not enough credit being given here to UGA starting pitcher Cole Wilcox in yesterday’s game. Nothing one can do when he pitches such a gem yesterday: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, and 11 K.

His fastball yesterday was outstanding, clocked up to 100 mph. And of his 95 pitches, 67 were strikes.

UGA head coach Scott Stricklin (former GT assistant coach for Danny Hall) said it was the best game he had ever seen Wilcox pitch for the Dawgs.

That’s the way baseball goes sometimes! Link:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...win-over-georgia-tech/LjKroTSFD8qnMMbjnRo8AO/

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not enough credit being given here to UGA starting pitcher Cole Wilcox in yesterday’s game. Nothing one can do when he pitches such a gem yesterday: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, and 11 K.

His fastball yesterday was outstanding, clocked up to 100 mph. And of his 95 pitches, 67 were strikes.

UGA head coach Scott Stricklin (former GT assistant coach for Danny Hall) said it was the best game he had ever seen Wilcox pitch for the Dawgs.

That’s the way baseball goes sometimes! Link:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...win-over-georgia-tech/LjKroTSFD8qnMMbjnRo8AO/

True. Wilcox is a So. Hopefully old enough to be in this year's draft ...... Hancock will be gone for sure with this year's draft.

In a 12-0 score, Wilcox explains the 0. Not the 12.

Glad to see it's fairly warm (61F) and sunny today.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Welp....Those jackwads just went 5-0 against through the big 3 sports......Sigh.......Gonna have to endure some family ribbing now...

Deleted member 2897

I’m hoping that the Charlie Brown era is done now. I wasn’t expecting much at all this year, but think we have a chance to be pretty good. Maybe win a regional if the freshman continue to progress. A win today would be a good start

Why? LOL. We went into the post season ranked #3 in the entire country last year.

Deleted member 2897

And this is why Friday's game was so painful. When you outplay a top team in the country, you have to close the game out. We should have won Friday 7 different ways. Very disappointing, because we knew we may not get another chance like that the rest of the series. And sure enough we didn't.

Here is the long view:
* Last year we entered the post season ranked #3 in the country.
* Last year after the first 6 games, we were 3-3.
* Last year after the first 11 games, we were 7-4.

Our record after the first 11 games this year? 7-4.