uGag Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This weekend series for both teams is likely to be talked about when discussing ncaa seeding. Otherwise, no pressure.

uGag is ranked in the top 4 based on their returning starting pitching, especially Hancock who we should see Friday. They have been solid both opening weeks at 8-1 and beat Kennesaw State 15-1 tonight.

But we are the best team by far they have faced this year. Likewise, they are the best we have seen, but OSU was ranked higher than any UGAg opponent.

We'll have to wear down their starters as usual. But don't expect poor defensive play to extend innings. Based on returning players, their defense should be the best we have seen.

My biggest concern is the cold weather and Fr on the team seeing the first really pressure packed series.

Before the season, I thought we'd win one of three based on the early in the season placement and our inexperience and see no reason to change. Both teams are playing as expected.

But Piss On Them and take the series. THWG.

Deleted member 2897

What are we: 7-1? Good year so far. I hope we can go at least 1-2. That to me is a decent result against a top team. Anything better would be heavy alcohol consumption.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I want to avoid being swept. 1-2 would be OK given how young we are. 2-1 would have me giddy. 3-0 and I’d be making reservations in Omaha.

GoJackets!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I want to avoid being swept. 1-2 would be OK given how young we are. 2-1 would have me giddy. 3-0 and I’d be making reservations in Omaha.

GoJackets!

Watching most of ours and some of their games I see no reason why we shouldn’t think we’re capable of winning the series. Hancock is elite. Outside of that they’re just a solid team like us. They’ll get picked to win the series because everybody expects them to take the majority of Friday games with him starting. But we’ll also be one of the better lineups they see this year and will be a HUGE jump from anything they’ve seen this year so far.

Hell if we steal a low-scoring game Friday then suddenly we’re looking at Roedig, Maxwell, Archer/Bartnicki and feeling pretty damn good about ourselves.

This has the potential for some volatile polling changes too with it being so early in the season.

0-3: drop out of the polls
1-2: stay around #20
2-1: jump to around #8/9
3-0: jump to around #4/5

Last edited:

GT19901990

Georgia Tech Fan
Will be interesting to see how our starting pitchers perform this week. All seemed to improve and make a big jump this past weekend. Glad to have Hughes a 5th year senior pitching tomorrow night in Athens- best bet to not be rattled early on. I'm probably most excited to see how Maxwell fares on Sun- could be a pressure situation in trying to help us win the series or to try and save face and scratch out a win for the series. Also, curious to see how The Baron performs this weekend (hope it's good enough offensively for him to keep the The in The Baron- have to admit I was super doubtful
about him early on comparing him to Pedro Cerrano- the guy in Major League that would hit a mammoth HR out of the ballpark and then strike out like 15 times in a row).

Going to be an interesting series for sure. 0-3 would take the wind out of our sails a bit, 1-2 is about what I'm expecting, I would be happily surprised if we go 2-1 and think we would jump into the top 10. Just can't see 3-0 happening- don't see UGA losing on a Friday night in Athens with their Ace pitcher this year- it might happen once or twice at the most.

Go Jackets!

Last edited: