UGA Postgame Discussion

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
That was just a horrible game, i am certain ugag could have scored 70+ if they had wanted too, I suppose that i should be grateful to Kirby Smart for being a decent human being and good sportsman but it feels dirty and shameful to be glad that they took pity on us. I hate to admit it but he has taken them to another level in recruiting and coaching, they are going to a be top 5 team for the foreseeable future. Did anyone hear during the broadcast that ugag has a coach who’s job is too watch and break down GT gamefilm from all of our games throughout the season to help them beat us? How do we compete with stuff like that on top of the huge talent advantages they have over us? The elite fb factories like Bama, ugag, and Clemson are becoming more and more elite while everyone else is in a retart fight for a winning record and a decent bowl, that’s what college fb has turned into and it’s getting worse every year.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia is 11-1... Probably has 15 guys who will play in the NFL... their LBs are 6'4'' 255 freaks of nature who run faster than anyone Tech has.

If anyone thinks firing CPJ is going to change that you are kidding yourselves.

End of the day..... The only bad loss this team had was South Florida. Should have been 8-4 instead of 7-5. The next game on the list was the Pitt game, but whatever... South Florida was the real dud that hurt the season, not Georgia.

Scubapro

Banned
That was targeting
BS It was a clean football play. And yes they should celebrate for putting a massive hit on your competition. I wish we had more of that...too many times yesterday I saw damutts punch, horse-collar and face mask our players during and after the play...I wanna see them fight back and not take it.
I want them to play pi$$ed off and like they want to win.

slugboy

Staff member
Bama, Clemson, Uga, Ohio State
What do they have in common?
All very talented and loaded with athletes, sure. But they all have QBs that make plays at a high level.

Clemson has a 5* QB kicked to the curb, replaced by a better younger one. Bama has a Heisman leader at QB, after kicking a 5* national championship QB to the curb, and some people think Tua’s backup may be better.

They aren’t even recruiting at another level from us. We have another level to get to UNC or NCST recruiting. Then another to get to FSU and Miami. Then another to get to Bama or Clemson.

I’m pretty sure there’s a level or two I’m leaving out—maybe Auburn and LSU and Notre Dame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
They have a great recruiting class. I think they have 12 (appropriate) of the top 30 recruits.
In my mind the logic of hyper complicated run only offense is waning. I had hoped the ol could at least kind of hang w the 2 top teams.
Till we are more of a pass centric offense that GOES over the 5 star do and lb we will only win on a fluke.

I do agree with a lot of this. The run offense can still work, but you have to push the defenders farther from the LOS. The only way to do that is better passing.

I also dont like how it takes a QB 1 to 2 seasons to learn the system. But we can also not afford to try to compete with the big boys with the same system they run. I honestly would like to see the Offense that CPJ ran at Hawaii.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It's more we know that it will be 2-3 seasons before we win consistently again and we will still have gtaa issues
You should not speak of this you will be rated and feathered you know GT can do no better than Cpj if he leaves we will never w again according to the experts on this site .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
We are getting killed in strength and conditions. We aren't as big, strong and fast as the mutts at any position. It was blatantly obvious today. We actually look tiny vs every P5 team that we play. I think our S&C coaches spend more time on themselves than they do our athletes. Time for an overhaul there imho

I don’t know if it’s the S&C coaches, or what they’re up against. Are they as well equipped as Clemson? How good are our facilities? Do we have as many coaches? Do our players have as much training time? How does our nutrition program look? How far do our players have to go when they start training? What is CPJ asking them to train for (size? speed? Mobility?)

It doesn’t look like we’re getting the same results as our peers; I just don’t know how we got here.

I do remember the Falcons firing their S&C coach for another more “dynamic” one, and injuries skyrocketed the next season.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That was just a horrible game, i am certain ugag could have scored 70+ if they had wanted too, I suppose that i should be grateful to Kirby Smart for being a decent human being and good sportsman but it feels dirty and shameful to be glad that they took pity on us. I hate to admit it but he has taken them to another level in recruiting and coaching, they are going to a be top 5 team for the foreseeable future.

I thought Uga had lost their collective minds when they fired Richt and his 9/10 wins per year. Especially when they brought in an unproven assistant coach. But, to his credit, he has done for them what Dabo has done at Clemson - brought them to the next (and highest) level. I may be wrong, but I think that they will be competitive against Bama next week, and nobody has done that yet.

slugboy

Staff member
A lot of our guys are young or don’t have the frame to add weight. Speed is natural, you can tweak it with training, but not make a slow guy fast.

There’s only so many Usain Bolts out there, but you can make a slow guy fast; at least faster. It’s easier to make a weak guy strong.

But, it’s what track and field coaches do. And S&C coaches.

What is hard is to make a short guy tall.

Georgia is 11-1... Probably has 15 guys who will play in the NFL... their LBs are 6'4'' 255 freaks of nature who run faster than anyone Tech has.

If anyone thinks firing CPJ is going to change that you are kidding yourselves.

End of the day..... The only bad loss this team had was South Florida. Should have been 8-4 instead of 7-5. The next game on the list was the Pitt game, but whatever... South Florida was the real dud that hurt the season, not Georgia.

Duke was a bad loss. They aren't that good and are certainly not more talented than we are. Agreed though - USF was worse - Contrary to some GT fan predictions here, USF turned out to be a pretty bad team.

This was probably the easiest road to the Coastal championship in memory. That we didn't get there and didn't beat anyone of any real significance makes 2018 pretty much a "meh" year. Could've been worse, should've been better.

It was a very Johnsonian year. An "It Is What It Is" year. A year where "It's never as bad or as good as it seems".

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought Uga had lost their collective minds when they fired Richt and his 9/10 wins per year. Especially when they brought in an unproven assistant coach. But, to his credit, he has done for them what Dabo has done at Clemson - brought them to the next (and highest) level. I may be wrong, but I think that they will be competitive against Bama next week, and nobody has done that yet.
You have to give credit to their assistant coaches and also how they handle recruiting assuming they are doing that within the NCAA rules.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Duke was a bad loss. They aren't that good and are certainly not more talented than we are. Agreed though - USF was worse - Contrary to some GT fan predictions here, USF turned out to be a pretty bad team.

This was probably the easiest road to the Coastal championship in memory. That we didn't get there and didn't beat anyone of any real significance makes 2018 pretty much a "meh" year. Could've been worse, should've been better.

It was a very Johnsonian year. An "It Is What It Is" year. A year where "It's never as bad or as good as it seems".
Yesterday was BAD.

slugboy

Staff member
Your rant is off base. You are actually making some of the same points @ilovetheoption is even if you two are focusing on separate “self inflicted handicaps.”

+1000 on this.

Also, Virginia is growing faster than we are (Amazon HQ2 went there because they were already booming), and there are a ton of athletes from Maryland and Virginia. They’re in a position to be good if that’s what they want.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

They a year away. This was the year to get Jawja. Next year, they’ll have a Title team. Still will have to go through BAMA though. They are loaded.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have a question , we had a little over 30% predict we would win the game. Why ? Was it because our defense had been able to play 2 great halves in a game? If so let me know which game it was cause I don't remember it. Was it because you thought our offense line was playing good ? OK I bought into that crap not sure why but I did. Was it because we had won the last 2 times in Athens ? Was it because we started 1-3 and than ended 6-1 and were 7-4? And you thought but we could have been 9-2 and we should have beat South Florida and Pitt. Guess you could say that but you could also say we could have lost to Miami and UVa if the brakes had not went our way. The fact is we were a 7-4 team no matter no worse just a plain average team in college football. For us to win uga would had to come out and be flat as a pancake and we would need to play perfect and have all the luck on our side. What does all this mean ? I guess it means we are like 90% of the rest of college football teams average. Some on here want CPJ gone they don't like the offense and think that hurts recruiting, not sure I buy that but they do. Some want to keep him because he did turn things around after a 1-3 start. But I'm still confused why anyone really thought we would win. I don't want to be embarrassed which we were and embarrassed we looked so bad. I have no idea what to do to fix this but I have a fear that a past AD may have been right with what he said and we all crucified him. I like CPJ but I'm on the fence being hard headed can work for you or against you. This year it seems to be working against him. Wish I knew the answer and I guess I could make stats up like some on here but what good would that do?

Animal02

Banned
I have a question , we had a little over 30% predict we would win the game. Why ? Was it because our defense had been able to play 2 great halves in a game? If so let me know which game it was cause I don't remember it. Was it because you thought our offense line was playing good ? OK I bought into that crap not sure why but I did. Was it because we had won the last 2 times in Athens ? Was it because we started 1-3 and than ended 6-1 and were 7-4? And you thought but we could have been 9-2 and we should have beat South Florida and Pitt. Guess you could say that but you could also say we could have lost to Miami and UVa if the brakes had not went our way. The fact is we were a 7-4 team no matter no worse just a plain average team in college football. For us to win uga would had to come out and be flat as a pancake and we would need to play perfect and have all the luck on our side. What does all this mean ? I guess it means we are like 90% of the rest of college football teams average. Some on here want CPJ gone they don't like the offense and think that hurts recruiting, not sure I buy that but they do. Some want to keep him because he did turn things around after a 1-3 start. But I'm still confused why anyone really thought we would win. I don't want to be embarrassed which we were and embarrassed we looked so bad. I have no idea what to do to fix this but I have a fear that a past AD may have been right with what he said and we all crucified him. I like CPJ but I'm on the fence being hard headed can work for you or against you. This year it seems to be working against him. Wish I knew the answer and I guess I could make stats up like some on here but what good would that do?
Did not think we would win, thought we could win if we played a perfect game and the mutts self destructed. Was hoping it would be at least competitive, but their athletes are a step above. They did the same to everyone they played except LSU. I o hope Bama crushes them next week.