UGA Postgame Discussion

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with you here. The program needs money. Honestly even if they don’t spend it wisely. Falling behind in resources is an issue and not giving to the program eliminates the chance for us to catch up.

Glad to hear you are giving to GT regardless of head coach. We need to have a united front on the donation side....our Alumni have less of an excuse given the stats on how much we earn. Regardless of head coach that will improve things and ensure our future going forward.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Some people see things they want to see, based on them wanting what they called for being the correct decision. Assuming NW does not leave on his own, in a few years, they will want his head also. It is always the DC's fault. I have watched since PJ got here, and it has been amusing how our defensive woes are always the blame of the DC's.

We have an entire new secondary with a new scheme. Ugas defense wasnt dominant in year one under kirby. People overestimate what can be done in a year

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
The difference between Johnson and the next coach will be hope. Many people have lost any sort of hope in Johnson, that will return by the nature of a coaching change. We saw that effect in basketball even though Pastner wasn't seen as a Grade A hire. We still saw increased excitement around the program in year 1. With Johnson there is no hope for a lot of people. With a new coach that hope will return just by nature of a coaching change.

And nothing will change about that in the next couple years. Johnson isn't going to turn us into an attractive job. Partially because some of the things are beyond the head coach. Partially because of how he chooses to coach. I don't see the point in putting off a decision that must be made.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. Are you still drunk from the game? I have been trying to have an honest discussion here. Have you not read anything I have been posting over and over again about all of the infrastructure improvements that we have been making and the real risks of setting us bake 10 years or more with a bad hire.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
6 of the 7 teams are going to a bowl game. More than the Atlantic. More than the SEC East. Tied with the SEC West. More than the Pac12 North. 4 more than the Pac12 South. Tied with the ENTIRE BIG12. More than the Big10 East. More than the Big10 West. 1 less than the ENTIRE American Athletic Conference.

We just don’t have an elite team like Clemson. But we have a lot of teams slightly above average.

Obviously results on the actual field of play mean nothing.

Bowl games what a low standard.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. Are you still drunk from the game? I have been trying to have an honest discussion here. Have you not read anything I have been posting over and over again about all of the infrastructure improvements that we have been making and the real risks of setting us bake 10 years or more with a bad hire.

Sorry. Better locker rooms aren't going to turn us into a more attractive job either. And a bad hire could set us back 10 years. So too could sticking with a coach too long. Whether we make the move this year or in two or three it won't be significantly different in terms of attracting head coaches.

Yep because we are 7-5 this year and you say we are garbage so why if we go 7-5 with a new coach are we now trending up?

For the same reason people have fooled themselves into believing the defense is trending up this year with a new DC despite it being just as bad. The big difference is that we haven't tried that same move 3 times the last 10 years to no effect.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have an entire new secondary with a new scheme. Ugas defense wasnt dominant in year one under kirby. People overestimate what can be done in a year

And, in my opinion, some people overestimate what a DC can do to overcome a talent gap. But, like yours, mine is just an opinion. I never thought NW would be successful with the talent he inherited, but I will continue to say that Roof was not "terrible" with the talent he had either.

Sorry. Better locker rooms aren't going to turn us into a more attractive job either. And a bad hire could set us back 10 years. So too could sticking with a coach too long. Whether we make the move this year or in two or three it won't be significantly different in terms of attracting head coaches.

For the same reason people have fooled themselves into believing the defense is trending up this year with a new DC despite it being just as bad. The big difference is that we haven't tried that same move 3 times the last 10 years to no effect.
I disagree that the D is just as bad. It is far from perfect, but I see more effort, even if squandered, this year than I saw last year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Always proud of the Institute and our willingness to even play Division 1 football - we are the ONLY STEM school, except the Academies, that does. I will always wear my GT garb proudly. What I went through at GT to earn that degree means way more than any football game. You cannot let yourselves get into ridiculous discussions with DWAGs, especially their sidewalk fans that have no real other reason to be alive. Go Alabama - crush these wanna-be's.

Sweet.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I disagree that the D is just as bad. It is far from perfect, but I see more effort, even if squandered, this year than I saw last year.

Super, we usually agree on things, but hopefully you can respect my opinion, as it is just that, like yours. I said last year that the D was giving great effort for CTR. I never saw a lack of effort. I did see a lack of talent, and yes, CTR did not blitz as much as some would have liked. I agree they are giving their all this year, but I will not agree that they were not giving their all last year too.