UGA Postgame Discussion

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I am confused a little with your posts. Are you saying a talented true freshman should always be able to come in and overtake everyone who has been in the system for years?
What have you got to lose by playing JG he’s a better passer and he might haven given the team a spark what it looks better to lose by 30 than maybe having a little hope for next year and let fans think there’s hope for improved play at the QB position next year or look forward to what we’ve had for the last 2 years.

What have you got to lose by playing JG he’s a better passer and he might haven given the team a spark what it looks better to lose by 30 than maybe having a little hope for next year and let fans think there’s hope for improved play at the QB position next year or look forward to what we’ve had for the last 2 years.
And what if he gets injured and, like Lucas Johnson, isn't even able to play next year? We would have used him for NOTHING.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I wanted to see JG under center, not getting creamed at WR. TM and TO were having problems. Why not put JG in at the beginning of the second quarter and throw it around a little bit? I don’t think the result would’ve been any worse than what actually happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
There is your white flag. Who’s next?

No white flag from me. It's about players abilities.

simple analogy... Wheeler High School Basket Ball JV vs Wheeler H.S. Varsity. Varsity is going to win, even the the JV team is pretty good.

Hopefully some of the funds some folks donated to to increase the football recruiting staff will bare fruit in the next couple of years.

For all those moaning about donating, designate your contribution to the Recruiting Staff expansion.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Always proud of the Institute and our willingness to even play Division 1 football - we are the ONLY STEM school, except the Academies, that does. I will always wear my GT garb proudly. What I went through at GT to earn that degree means way more than any football game. You cannot let yourselves get into ridiculous discussions with DWAGs, especially their sidewalk fans that have no real other reason to be alive. Go Alabama - crush these wanna-be's.

My thoughts exactly!! Proud of our guys!

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
If this thread is any indication, our fans invest in penny stocks and expect to become millionaires.

I’m happy with this season. We were uncompetitive in two games, we were dominant in three games, and the rest were hard-fought, entertaining matchups. I’ve enjoyed this season. Looking forward to seeing progress from Woody’s D next year, and a new QB.

I bet Saban was thinking like that in last years championship game when he put tua in . Hell I may not leave the house again I might have a wreck and get killed.
Saban already knew what Tua could do in a conventional offense. NOBODY knows what Graham can do in one as complex as ours. Plus, Bama wasn't out of the game at the point he put Tua in, the way we were today.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I bet Saban was thinking like that in last years championship game when he put tua in . Hell I may not leave the house again I might have a wreck and get killed.
That move will go down in history as one of the greatest ever made. The odds against it being successful was astronomical.

I have no idea but I would guess there were far more careers wrecked being thrown to the wolves than turing out as miracles.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking around the country...if it makes you guys feel better there are plenty of teams with 4-5 star talent that are worse than GT right now. Look at Tennessee for instance....Tech would be so much worse off if they try to do the same exact things these other teams are doing. You guys might get what you ask for in the long run due to how college football works in the south but what PJ has done is actually impressive in the modern era of of football...no one wants to hear that tonight but this program would be looked at much differently if they were in a separate state.

Lets upgrade our facilities and focus on getting the right guys in here. I support T Stan and hope others do the same with their checkbook. Regardless of who is our coach we need these upgrades if we want the Yellow Jackets to compete in the long run.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
No, the frustrating thing is the fans that refuse to take any chance to try and improve and are content just to sit and pray that the next qb will be able to pass when the system is flawed itself in that regard, and that DC#4 will be the answer so that we finally don't have a bad defense after 11 years.

It is because there are chances and then there are crazy long shots. Look I am OK getting a new coach sooner than later, but I want to fix some of the larger underlying issues. If we can keep at the same level or even have another good year WHILE we fix things for the next coach, I think that is the really smart way to do it. The odds are really high that we become irrelevant with whatever coach we end up with and have a bunch of 3 win seasons. I would rather us be in a much stronger position with winning seasons and a better support structure when it is time to switch. The time now is really bad

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Fans act as if we are a top 10 program. That just changing our head coach will fix everything that is what is so irritating about this whole situation.

Hmmm. And I see fans acting as if we aren’t a program moving in the wrong direction. Or acknowledging it and excusing it.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm. And I see fans acting as if we aren’t a program moving in the wrong direction. Or acknowledging it and excusing it.
Yeah, I don't think you are. I think you're trending slightly up from last year, and further I would expect to see a relatively big jump on defense next year now that the guys will have a full year/offseason in the system.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Majority of fans can't see beyond cpj and the gtaa issues. Cpj is the face of the team though so he's going to get all the blame.

My real peeve is how one dimensional we are at times or bi polar. Today that was the truth.

If we want a new coach because of a better scheme that's fine, but we all as fans have to realize a new coach is just a bandaid. There are plenty of other mediorcre schools in the acc that get stomped by Clemson or UGA so we're not the only ones, but we do have a unique offense that when run well gives us an upper hand.
Fans act as if we are a top 10 program. That just changing our head coach will fix everything that is what is so irritating about this whole situation.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk