uGA fans suck

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I can see your point with much of what you wrote. However, I’ve heard from other fan bases that UGA fans are the worst, except for maybe LSU. [emoji3] I’ve heard this from friends who are Auburn and Florida fans and there are three links below that are worth a read. Anyway, I guess my point is that they appear to bring their attitude everywhere they go. I bet the same stuff we write about them here can be found in many other fan blogs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-ranking-the-25-rudest-fanbases-in-the-nation

https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/07/16/college-football-intolerable-fan-bases-2017/amp/3/

https://www.chatsports.com/ncaa/a/5-most-annoying-fan-bases-college-football-21653

Well, can't really say about present conditions but WAY back in the early 60s my dad took me to a Tech vs. LSU game in Baton Rouge and let me tell you it was an eye opener for a young lad used to the more civilized surroundings of Grant Field's west stands. First of all, I was utterly amazed at the drinking and sheer number of drunks in the place and the passion absolute passion those people had for football. It was something to behold. All I can really remember is that Tech won in the fourth quarter in typical Dodd luck fashion and at the beginning of the game as Tech came out on the field their fans were throwing chicken bones at our players. The games I have been to at Florida Field are loud but their fans are, if anything, courteous to the opposing team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This brings to mind one experience I had.
Several years ago while waiting for the players at Tech Walk there were several UGAG fans on the other side of the road being obnoxious.
I thought hell no, our players aren't going to face theses a**holes.
So I crossed over to get in front of them before the players arrived. Of course pushing and shoving ensued, I wasn't worried I'm a fairly big guy and obviously had lots of help around if things got out of hand.
Anyway this one little squirt comes up to me and starts calling me a nerd.
I'm wearing jeans and a GT hoodie, he's wearing a white button down shirt with a red Bow-tie and red pants with little bulldogs all over them.
I looked him in the eye and said ... did you happen to look in the mirror before you left home this morning ?

Those are your daughters in the avatar picture I presume? Very pretty young ladies with a daddy that has them pointed in the right direction.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You should have beaten the living hell out of him. Leave him in a hospital bed watching the Rose Bowl on a little black and white TV. Don't take any crap off of any of those aholes.

Go Jackets!

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
Calling a Tech fan a nerd is like the race card being launched in politics (or city of Atlanta). Those two words only appear when they've already lost the argument. I pay attention to neither.

buzzthriller90

Georgia Tech Fan
Just a question...why do we always include the GA game in the three-game package?? As a long-time season ticket holder, I cringe every time we play GA at home and it is a sea of red in the entire stadium. Nothing better than feeling like a visitor in your own stadium (n). We can't expect respect when we can't even sell out our own stadium against against our most hated rival (remember Clean Hold-Fashion Hate?). I am a die-hard fan, but this has always been a tough pill to swallow, as I am sure it is for A LOT of folks. I look forward to your feedback on this one. Should be interesting...

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Just a question...why do we always include the GA game in the three-game package?? As a long-time season ticket holder, I cringe every time we play GA at home and it is a sea of red in the entire stadium. Nothing better than feeling like a visitor in your own stadium (n). We can't expect respect when we can't even sell out our own stadium against against our most hated rival (remember Clean Hold-Fashion Hate?). I am a die-hard fan, but this has always been a tough pill to swallow, as I am sure it is for A LOT of folks. I look forward to your feedback on this one. Should be interesting...
Not sure what that is, but I think you mean "Clean, Old Fashioned Hate". I'm just being picky;) But really, this year, what did you expect? A top 10 team against their rival, a 5-5 team, and the top 10 team has a much larger fan base than the 5-5 team. Really the only thing we can do about it is beat UGAg at home. We haven't done that since 99. The fair weather fan only wants to see us win, which we haven't done at BDS since last century. Heck, I wasn't even alive! If we beat them at home a time or two, I can see us having more fans to make it more 50-50.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just had a uGA fan tell me Tech is irrelevant and will never beat them again with Kirby as coach. Also called me a “classic Tech douche” when I disagreed, then said that everyone who goes to Tech is nerdy and condescending. Ironically followed this up by saying they are better than me and I made a mistake by going to Tech. Please kick their *** Oklahoma. Can’t wait to see these sorry uGA fans shut up and remember how overrated they are. It’ll also be funny to watch them next year when they try to replace Chubb, Michel, and their entire defense. Can’t wait to hear these same bandwagon fans complaining next year.
Tech fans would never say, "uGA fans suck". We don't engage in that vernacular. We would say, "georgie fans inhale vigorously, thereby creating a vacuum!" ;)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

This is the first year that I purchased season tickets and my first COFH. My wife went to every game with me this year but she refused to go to COFH because she heard how arrogant and detestable the UGAg fans are. I was able to confirm her suspicions when I got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I got a pretty good story about how nasty uga fans can be. I went to the 92 game against them in Athens. I'm in a wheelchair and was able to park really close to the stadium. When me and my dad got out of our vehicle we were given the stink eye since we had Tech gear on. When we got back to the truck our antenna had been ripped off. Thankfully the tires weren't slashed.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
UGA is one of the most entitled fanbases I've ever encountered. They have the desire and expectation of winning. This is frustrating as a Tech fan but sweet on the few occasions we are able to get a win in any sport. Sadly, I don't get that feeling very often.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Went to a viewing party for the UGA - OU game tonight. Had to laugh at the drunk UGA fans yelling at the TV to "ice" the OU kicker...

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Because we want/need to sell more overall tix. We wouldn't sell as many three-game packages, if we didn't include the UGA game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, this game really sucked. And if you think our posts on "Fire Ted Roof" were bad, some of the Sooner forums are in full meltdown mode with getting rid of Mike Stoops.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our fanbase can’t tolerate this kind of uga success in the face of our own mediocrity this year. In the 80s half the fanbase went into hiding for a decade. Hopefully we are on more sturdy footing now.

It will be interesting to see what are ticket sales look like for 18.