UGA - COFH Part 1

Deleted member 2897

Bases loaded no outs...pitching to McCann. Pretty sure that’s the stuff of nightmares for opposing pitchers.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
The little things... Radcliff hustling out of box looking for all the bases he can get before seeing the ball clear fence. LOVE THAT!

Perhaps that's due to a lesson learned during the final game at Miami. With Tech down by a significant margin (I don't recall the score at the time), Radcliffe hit a slow roller down the 3rd base line in foul territory. He did not run down to first base. The ball rolled into fair territory and the Miami 3B threw him out to end the inning with a man on. Ramsey called him over on his way back to the dugout and Radcliffe was not back in the field to start the next inning.

Ironically, Tech scored 4 runs in the 9th to cut Miami's lead to 9-6, and after Serratos struck out with 2 men on, it was up to Cole Neuber as the tying run instead of Radcliffe. I would have loved to see Radcliffe up in that situation, but I believe a message was sent by James Ramsey that day!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is when you ought to give other arms a look out of the bullpen. Up 11-2 after 6 and Willingham at 100 pitches....give these other guys some reps!

Deleted member 2897

This is when you ought to give other arms a look out of the bullpen. Up 11-2 after 6 and Willingham at 100 pitches....give these other guys some reps!

Yea I was shocked to see Amos trot back out this inning. 107-damn pitches! Feels like we have a couple of unnecessary free base runners to them.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree 100%. Should have 3 guys in mind to start each inning 7,8,9. & a lineup of guys to bring in mid-inning should those stumble. Use a bunch of guys if necessary.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Weather delay, think there was thunder and it was raining pretty good. Wonder what the rule is for calling a game over if you're up by a certain amount after a certain number of innings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This should be our first win over UGAg in three years. Damn this is sweet.

11-2 B7.
Looked it up, almost 100 pitches for their starter. We couldn’t touch him, but he only made it 4 1/3 innings due to pitch count. Great patience by our guys to outlive and outlast.

Our increased patience is really paying off. This is fabulous, and we did it against a good pitcher. It's what people were doing to X.

This game is what dreams are made of. Destroying the dwags.

Damn rain. I was enjoying this. After so many kicks in the nuts, we have to enjoy this all we can.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
This should be our first win over UGAg in three years. Damn this is sweet.

11-2 B7.

Our increased patience is really paying off. This is fabulous, and we did it against a good pitcher. It's what people were doing to X.

Damn rain. I was enjoying this. After so many kicks in the nuts, we have to enjoy this all we can.

...it’s allowing us to enjoy it all we can. Their guys have to sit there and think about the pounding they’re taking.

What’s the rule on calling a game early? I assume we’ve played enough of the game for the W to be intact?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agree 100%. Should have 3 guys in mind to start each inning 7,8,9. & a lineup of guys to bring in mid-inning should those stumble. Use a bunch of guys if necessary.

This is exactly the time to audition other pitchers real time.

Sigh, old dogs and new tricks.

Fun listening to WREK. Roddy just came in.

Willingham really did great after the first. Too bad he can't come back next year. He has to have a lot more confidence.