UGA - COFH Part 1

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This is GREAT NEWS! Better late than never.

Their best v Our best
Like you said, our best vs. their best. I have never been a fan of the midweek series because I don't think it truly shows who the better team is. It's usually a bullpen game or the 4th starter. Also, since it's so spread out over the year, you can never really get in a rhythm against the other team or test their depth. There is no trying to get pitch counts up on Friday to effect how the other coach will use his bullpen for the rest of the weekend which may determine the outcome of the other 2 games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well our RPI is 36 and UGAg is 20. Even though they are 21-3, they have played a weak schedule overall. But they have beat who they played! And so are #6 in the polls.

Mid-week UGAg has lost to LIU Brooklyn (1-0), beat Kennesaw St (11-1), beaten Alabama St (11-3), Jax St (5-1), beat Ga State (6-3 and 11-1). So the most runs they've given up is 3 to Ga State. I figure we get 5 or so and it'll come down to our relievers.

Looks like just light showers (.01-.03 inches of rain) up to game time. It'll probably be delayed and be a late game since we are so patient at the plate.

I think to host, we'll need to win at least 2 of the 5 mid-weeks against UGAg and Auburn.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Any info on their mid week starter? I know it doesn’t work this way in baseball (probably the least emotion driven of the “big 3” sports) but it would give me great joy to see us come out still pissed off and salty from the gift we gave on Sunday and put up a BIG crooked number (I’m talking 4 or more) right off the bat on them. One of those innings where the other guy feels like they don’t have any control our power to stop us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Any info on their mid week starter? I know it doesn’t work this way in baseball (probably the least emotion driven of the “big 3” sports) but it would give me great joy to see us come out still pissed off and salty from the gift we gave on Sunday and put up a BIG crooked number (I’m talking 4 or more) right off the bat on them. One of those innings where the other guy feels like they don’t have any control our power to stop us.
He's got good numbers against that "weak" mid-week competition...

Tim Elliott
23IP/5GP(4 starts)
0.39 ERA
0.70 WHIP
3-1 W-L
22 K's
1 extra BH

https://ramblinwreck.com/2019-baseball-game-notes/

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like taking 3 of our next 4 games is honestly not too big of an ask. Hopefully after facing Louisville pitching all weekend, the uga and ND pitching staffs will be throwing beach balls to McCann, the Baron, English et al.

Uga midweek starter has been impressive but against fairly weak competition. Best team they've played midweek is Georgia State I think. They also got two-hit in a loss to LIU Brooklyn at the beginning of the season who is 7-13. We will easily be their toughest midweek opponent thus far.

ND is 9-12 on the season and we get them in Atlanta. If we can almost sweep Louisville on the road hopefully we can match that at home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
(1) Uga has pitching like we can only dream about. They have depth. They have a bullpen. They should beat us again this year.
(2) Notre Dame *should* be a sweep. Now, if you can figure out how to keep Hall away from the dugout this weekend, we might eb able to do that. However....2-1 sounds more likey to me.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

The Hall interview is worth a listen ... will be part of pregame on WREK. He seemed to say he would like to be able to pitch English "every other day or so" but "he's not able to do that right now" If I am hearing that right... English is only good for one appearance per weekend.

We rail on Hall (justifiably) but moving Waddell to SS & Wilhite to 2B is something that seemed small, but has proven to be a real positive. & you wonder if some mental thing flipped because Waddell's offensive production improved coincident with that move too.

Kudos to Wiley getting CDH to say "To HELL WITH GEORGIA"

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He's got good numbers against that "weak" mid-week competition...

Tim Elliott
23IP/5GP(4 starts)
0.39 ERA
0.70 WHIP
3-1 W-L
22 K's
1 extra BH

https://ramblinwreck.com/2019-baseball-game-notes/

Also, the UGAg pitcher has 6 walks. We should be able to get 3-4 tonight.

INteresting UGAg lineup. Here's the batting average from #1 to #9

I'm kind of surprised that all 5 300 hitters aren't in the top 5. You want to see them the most times and clump them together to keep rallies going. But UGAg is ranked #6 so it must be working.

Willingham has a 3.38 ERA with 1.27 WHIP. Our mid-week has been stronger but not overwhelming by any means.

I think the rain will likely stop the game and probably ice both of the starting pitchers. UGAg has to have better relievers ........ I was hoping the game would start earlier to avoid the rain.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Also, the UGAg pitcher has 6 walks. We should be able to get 3-4 tonight.

INteresting UGAg lineup. Here's the batting average from #1 to #9

I'm kind of surprised that all 5 300 hitters aren't in the top 5. You want to see them the most times and clump them together to keep rallies going. But UGAg is ranked #6 so it must be working.

Willingham has a 3.38 ERA with 1.27 WHIP. Our mid-week has been stronger but not overwhelming by any means.

I think the rain will likely stop the game and probably ice both of the starting pitchers. UGAg has to have better relievers ........ I was hoping the game would start earlier to avoid the rain.
Also odd that their #9 hitter leads the team in HRS and RBI. Don't see that every day.

Deleted member 2897

We have 1 hit through 4 innings. Only bright spot is that the uGA pitcher probably only has 2 more innings in him as his pitch count is almost 80. We gotta start getting some hits.

Deleted member 2897

We have 1 hit through 4 innings. Only bright spot is that the uGA pitcher probably only has 2 more innings in him as his pitch count is almost 80. We gotta start getting some hits.

They swap the pitcher, and BINGO.