UCF Revisted

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to do with the SEC. Bowl games are meaningless exhibitions. As a result, teams often do not have equal incentive to win.

For daring to call me an SEC homer, I give you a virtual smack upside the head. ;)
Is that why MSU let's us beat them down in the orange bowl? They were number 1 for 5 weeks due to their defense so they didn t care..
Or
Could it be that their defensive coordinator quit just before the bowl game and coach and gt kicked their ?

Watching it up close, both teams played their axx off. Great game that proves good players with great coaching is the key

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot of people will find a way if you play it on home fields:);)

Exactly. I still think Dan Werzel’s 16-Team playoff plan from 7 years ago holds up. Give higher-seeded teams home-field advantage. Then let the situation arise where some of the southern Blue-chip teams have to go and play on Wisconsin’s home turf in December.

THAT would be college football as it should be.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to do with the SEC. Bowl games are meaningless exhibitions. As a result, teams often do not have equal incentive to win.

For daring to call me an SEC homer, I give you a virtual smack upside the head. ;)
They used to be meaningless exhibitions and the msaller ones still are but the NY6 bowls (plus 2-3 more) are not anymore. Too much rides on conference perception and past performance

Jmonty71

Banned
Exactly. I still think Dan Werzel’s 16-Team playoff plan from 7 years ago holds up. Give higher-seeded teams home-field advantage. Then let the situation arise where some of the southern Blue-chip teams have to go and play on Wisconsin’s home turf in December.

THAT would be college football as it should be.
I think 8 teams with automatic bids for the P5 champs. Gives 3 at large. Take one regular season game away. Take those cream puffs out.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
We are looking at the possibility of Clemson and Georgia in the final, and a massive, unanimous GT rooting section for ... Clemson? The classic the-enemy-of-my-enemy thing? But as it stands, the only way the SEC can regain some lost glitter is to have an all-SEC championship game, and the selection committee did all it could to make it happen.

Point taken, but when’s the last time you saw a “massive” GT rooting section? We don’t even get that at BDS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
UCF looked good today without a doubt. And they may have beaten us early in the year. Or maybe not. Whatever you believe, the facts are that they cancelled our game even though there was minimal hurricane damage in Orlando. Their admin said the reason was that they did not have enough time to prepare for Georgia Tech, and that they had decided to use their field as a National Guard staging area. They chose to not play us. Maybe we were lucky, or maybe they were ducking a team they were worried about.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Where are all the GT fans that called UCF scared for not playing us?

UCF would have beaten us at any point in the season - much better team this year.
Is that a fact?

They could have played us if they wanted to. They said they didn't have enough time to prep. It wasn't that they couldn't play us it's that they didn't want to.

Who knows if they would have won. But it's weird to say that a team that ducked us would definitely have beaten us. You are more certain than ucf was.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Is that a fact?

They could have played us if they wanted to. They said they didn't have enough time to prep. It wasn't that they couldn't play us it's that they didn't want to.

Who knows if they would have won. But it's weird to say that a team that ducked us would definitely have beaten us. You are more certain than ucf was.

We probably wouldn't have played anyone if we would not have been able to practice like they couldn't. Other than VT, who exactly did we beat this year and UCF is very good offensively. No way we could have beaten them. Either way, I seriously doubt they were "scared" to play us.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
We probably wouldn't have played anyone if we would not have been able to practice like they couldn't. Other than VT, who exactly did we beat this year and UCF is very good offensively. No way we could have beaten them. Either way, I seriously doubt they were "scared" to play us.
Who are you quoting when you say "scared"?