UCF Revisted

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn just missed out on the playoff and the Peach Bowl feels like a consolation prize to them. UCF is excited for the opportunity to play against one of the big boys. Neither team has played in about a month, so there is no continuity and execution becomes a bit of a wild card. I don't think what happens in this game really indicates much of anything.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Auburn just missed out on the playoff and the Peach Bowl feels like a consolation prize to them. UCF is excited for the opportunity to play against one of the big boys. Neither team has played in about a month, so there is no continuity and execution becomes a bit of a wild card. I don't think what happens in this game really indicates much of anything.
This is like the Houston-FSU game from a few years ago

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow

Standard SEC Homer excuse.

I disagree. I think it clearly indicates how Frost was able to keep his team together and prepare them physically and emotionally, knowing that this would be his last game at UCF

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If we played them early in the season we would have had a great chance of beating them. At the end of the season, virtually no chance.

That Bammer selection for playoffs is looking piss poor given what the conference is doing in bowls. They may win because any time you play you have a chance, but I don’t know how anyone can argue Bammer needed to be anointed one of the top 4 by virtue of being the 2nd/3rd best team in the 3rd best conference.
I'd go further. I think Alabama was 2-3 with Georgia the matchup and Oklahoma at 4 and the as usual Heisman overrated QB getting mashed by Clemson. There were forces at work there, and not a little of it was not letting Georgia or Alabama knock the other out in the first round. (I am not usually this whiny but those pairings have a whiff about them.)