Transfers

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If fairness it would appear GT is likely in the top 2-3 for Harris. Most of these kids do not make more than 2-3 visits before deciding. He started his career at NCSU, so maybe he is interested in the ACC.

I would take a look at Nwamu. Would probably have to move MGH to SG to make that work, but his numbers are good.
I suspect Mulder ends up at KY. That's an impressive offer for a JUCO and the coach at Vincennes is a former KY guy.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ike Nwamu has already visited UNLV. Now moving on to Pitt., per his Twitter acct.

Never any mention of GT.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
In reference to Dylan Ennis: “He’s looking for an opportunity to be in control of a team, come off some ball screens, be the primary ball-handler where he’s able to be that engine that drives,” his father said.

Link

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
and has been for quite some time.What in the world Tech could offer most of these guys except an "education?" is beyond me.

Like I have said before, there is still plenty to sell. Atlanta, chance to play in the nations best conference, chance to start as a freshman in said conference, chance to be the difference maker...

It won't be easy, but its not as if the staff doesn't have any tools to work with. Just because the situation is bleak doesn't mean that it is impossible.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Would be interesting to see how it played out if Derryck Thornton was able to reclassify. Would definitely be a plus for us, as I think Duke would take him over Ennis.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, if i'm Gregory i'm showing Ennis this quote and saying you would get to play against Duke.

"Last night, Coach K and [assistant] Jeff Capel came in for the visit and they told me how much confidence they have in me to be there point guard next year. They were very prepared about my game and their plan for me."

“They told me they could have went after fifth-year transfers but wanted me instead. I am excited about the opportunity and the challenge.”

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another interesting transfer today - Shannon Evans (SO) from Buffalo. Would have to sit a year and have 2 left. 6'1 combo guard. Avg 15.4 ppg shooting 41% FG, 38% 3FG and 80% FT. Led the team in three pointers made and attempted, steals, assists and minutes played. From Suffolk, VA. 2nd team all-MAC.

initially Buffalo was blocking him from AZ ST, VCU and Old Dominion though reportedly they have dropped that.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Tyler Harris doesn't happen maybe you look at this kid
Anton Grady - 6'8, 215 Cleveland St. Grad transfer. Avg 14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg. 2nd on team in scoring - behind Trey Lewis who is headed to L'ville, first on the team in rebounding and blocks.
Have no reason why he would consider GT since he is from Cleveland, but there is the info.

A couple of other transfer names.
Trey Potter - 6'10 FR is transferring from George Mason. He is from VA, started the last 6 games of the season. Led the team in blocks.
Adam Rowsey - 5'10 SO - transferring from UNC Asheville. Avg 20 ppg as a FR, 19 ppg as a SO. 5'10 combo guard. Rumor is that if NCSU strikes out in the Spring, they may have the inside track.

both of these would have to sit a year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With Newman not likely coming, Mychal Mulder is expected to sign with KY on his visit this weekend.