Transfers

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ken wrote that Bolden is not participating in developmental workouts. Apparently his grades are OK. So, why hold him out of something that will certainly benefit the team and not bring to him any glory or accolades? Holding him out seems a sign Chris is not in CBG's plans for this Fall. He still has two years to get his final year of eligibility, so a transfer to a D1 school is possible.

I hope he returns. I cannot see us bringing in a recruit with the potential to average 8-10 ppg next season. Goodness knows we need all the points we can get.
kjmc15 on the Scout main board intimated they think Bolden is looking to transfer.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=13753087&stm=169789763

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One of my favorite transfers in was Sammy Drummer. He was a truly gifted basketball player who never got his life together. If we had had anyone else on the teams with Sammy I think Dwayne Morrison would have lasted longer. He played 53 games at Tech and scored 1184 points; was a 4th round draft pick. The last I heard of him he was a janitor in Indiana. ESPN did an Outside the Lines piece on him a few years ago.

He played at DeKalb College b4 Tech.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
kjmc15 on the Scout main board intimated they think Bolden is looking to transfer.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=13753087&stm=169789763
Ehhhh, we need dept but he really hasn't turned into the player he should have. Not sure if it's coaching or he just topped out. He just looks slow on the court. He has his moments but I swear he has the slowest release on his jumper than anyone in the ACC. Like I said. We'd miss the depth but really that's about it. To me atleast...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
One of my favorite transfers in was Sammy Drummer. He was a truly gifted basketball player who never got his life together. If we had had anyone else on the teams with Sammy I think Dwayne Morrison would have lasted longer. He played 53 games at Tech and scored 1184 points; was a 4th round draft pick. The last I heard of him he was a janitor in Indiana. ESPN did an Outside the Lines piece on him a few years ago.

He played at DeKalb College b4 Tech.
CDM hired Roger Banks(who had good ties with the JUCO circuit), and he brought in Tico Brown, Drummer and even Steppe before he left.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Ken wrote that Bolden is not participating in developmental workouts. Apparently his grades are OK. So, why hold him out of something that will certainly benefit the team and not bring to him any glory or accolades? Holding him out seems a sign Chris is not in CBG's plans for this Fall. He still has two years to get his final year of eligibility, so a transfer to a D1 school is possible.

I hope he returns. I cannot see us bringing in a recruit with the potential to average 8-10 ppg next season. Goodness knows we need all the points we can get.

Bingo,we have a winner

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we're looking at a post grad post player, that's a little concerning. Could mean a few things, none of which would be good, IMO.
You could be right, but I think it's simply the realization that Lammers is not ready to log 20+ minutes per game next year. He only saw 112 minutes this past season. Someone has to replace the 48 minutes Cox and Sampson gave us last year. Jacobs will probably get 25 of those minutes, but that leaves 23 minutes are needed just to replace one sub at the post.

Of course, we could go small and move Q or MGH to the 4. But that is a scary thought with our lack of shooting.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We'll take another grad big and continue to show no foresight when it comes to planning for more than just the next year. After next year we'll lose our entire front court rotation, and be left with Lammers, Gueye, and Ogbonda with little to no meaningful experience. That, along with trying to replace Hunt on the outside, and maybe Bolden if he doesn't bail or get himself kicked off the team, will be fun.

And gregory will continue to be reliant on players other guys have coached to try and bail him out of the mess he has made.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anyone know if any of the better transfer players have interest in GT?
I think, similarly to regular recruiting, we'll struggle to attract the top transfers, unless there's an overriding reason (i.e. - come home to Atlanta, educational oppty). The best grad transfers will have interest from schools with more certainty around winning immediately. All other transfers will have to sit out a year no matter what now, so how do you sell them on coming here when you could have an entirely new staff in a year or they have programs currently better than ours after them.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lee would immediately be at the top of my list. 6'6, 200 - shot efficiently - 44% FG, 39% 3FG, 89% FT. More assists than TO.
He is going to be very popular.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitino has been making a push to get Derryck Thornton & Maverick Rowan to reclassify from the 2016 class to 2015. Mychal Mulder, juco we're recruiting also on their radar.

It's really amazing. Verbal Commits has them at 4 2015 commits, & -1 spots, but Pitino is looking to bring in 1-3 more kids.
http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/louisville