Transfers

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don't expect us to be involved, but could end up at an ACC or SEC school.

I read somewhere that Thorne may have transfer restrictions due to alleged tampering (NC State again?). However, I thought as a grad transfer he didn't need a release. We'll see.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Assuming VT banned transferring within ACC but if they didn't we could really use his scoring

Isn't there still an ACC-imposed effective ban against transferring within conference? I remember it's why Thornton went to UGA rather than here after being let out of his LOI to Clemson but I think the rule has changed some since then.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Isn't there still an ACC-imposed effective ban against transferring within conference? I remember it's why Thornton went to UGA rather than here after being let out of his LOI to Clemson but I think the rule has changed some since then.
I think that's only when signing out of High School. Pierre Jordan transferred from FSU as a grad student with immediate eligibility.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Marcus Foster is probably the most talented right now.

Nick King would step in nicely for 2 years after MGH leaves

The kid from Xavier has upside as well

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Any one we might be in danger of losing? Bolden has to be the best chance.
Ken wrote that Bolden is not participating in developmental workouts. Apparently his grades are OK. So, why hold him out of something that will certainly benefit the team and not bring to him any glory or accolades? Holding him out seems a sign Chris is not in CBG's plans for this Fall. He still has two years to get his final year of eligibility, so a transfer to a D1 school is possible.

I hope he returns. I cannot see us bringing in a recruit with the potential to average 8-10 ppg next season. Goodness knows we need all the points we can get.