Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
i don’t think he’s going to be expected to be a starter this season. with 3 years of eligibility left he should probably begin to see the field next year or in 2024. by that time he could be completely different body and technique wise. at the very least a depth issue we have is being addressed. definitely a positive move for the program so that’s probably why criticism is being met poorly

4yrs of eligibility

JacketFan137

Banned
Full disclosure - recrooting has always bored the crap out of me, but if we signed this guy out of HS would he be touted as a big get ???
recruiting people would be in love with his size and say he has potential. half this page doesn’t understand or care about recruiting at all so i doubt he would get a lot of praise anyway

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Carlos Del Rio-Wilson, RS Fr QB, Florida, was offered in 2019. Not suggesting we pursue him (or against adding to the room), but he, and players like him at the QB position, make for interesting discussion. He is a former 4 star buried on a depth chart elsewhere. With 4 stars continuing to roll off the production line, where does a guy like him go to find the playing time? Stay at P5 and compete or off to the next level down to start? Tough decisions for young men that want to play.

JacketFan137

Banned
I'm not reacting until our resident eggsperts weigh in.
Oddly, the assessments always find a way to paint everything GT does in a negative light.

Odd. :rolleyes:
yeah i’m sure he’s terrible or something and shouldn’t bother coming here because our coach is a buffoon and we won’t win more than 3 games until we bring back the option and fire every single person in georgia tech athletics

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
i don’t think he’s going to be expected to be a starter this season. with 3 years of eligibility left he should probably begin to see the field next year or in 2024. by that time he could be completely different body and technique wise. at the very least a depth issue we have is being addressed. definitely a positive move for the program so that’s probably why criticism is being met poorly
What strikes me is that Robinson is just the sort of player that if he were going instead of coming, you'd be telling us how it's "no great loss, didn't contribute anyway, we're just cutting out the dead wood, and adding by subtracting". So, it just depends on your agenda, I guess. If he's coming he'll help, but if he's going he's no loss.

I think we've made a few good pickups, especially at running back, but it doesn't strike me as encouraging that we're getting a low 3-star guy we originally passed on and even Vanderbilt passed up. Hope he turns into another Shaq Mason, but the odds are long. I'd feel a little better about his chances if he had a decent OL coach.

JacketFan137

Banned
What strikes me is that Robinson is just the sort of player that if he were going instead of coming, you'd be telling us how it's "no great loss, didn't contribute anyway, we're just cutting out the dead wood, and adding by subtracting". So, it just depends on your agenda, I guess. If he's coming he'll help, but if he's going he's no loss.

I think we've made a few good pickups, especially at running back, but it doesn't strike me as encouraging that we're getting a low 3-star guy we originally passed on and even Vanderbilt passed up. Hope he turns into another Shaq Mason, but the odds are long. I'd feel a little better about his chances if he had a decent OL coach.
well when people complain about o line depth and we start to address that with a young depth piece with 4 years of eligibility, great size and at least already has a year of college football S&C under his belt it’s a pretty clear positive that will only help the team. slanting it to a negative is a comical effort to further dump on the program for no reason

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
well when people complain about o line depth and we start to address that with a young depth piece with 4 years of eligibility, great size and at least already has a year of college football S&C under his belt it’s a pretty clear positive that will only help the team. slanting it to a negative is a comical effort to further dump on the program for no reason
If he's the best we can get, I'm all for it. But don't turn around and act like we aren't losing anything when players of higher caliber go the opposite way through the portal.
That's my point that you're ignoring - the double standard.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know nothing about him but do like his size. Anyone have any insight on what his story is?
I think the only thing you can say about him is that he is a young guy with some potential. Nothing more, nothing less.
He did not play as a true freshmen (as most don't), and he didn't figure to see significant snaps this year at Kansas, which suggests he probably is unlikely to see significant snaps this year at GT.

He might turn out to be a good player for GT, he might turn out to have no impact - we simply have to wait a few years to see.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Predictions are based on information at the time. By your logic making a prediction at any time is a fools errand as injuries can obviously happen during games as well. If you don’t like predictions in general then ignore them.
I just inherited several “lack of accountability” departments and my charge is to fix them. Items on the turnover agenda included:

1. Stop the excuses
2. Tell me specifically what you are going to deliver and when
3. Work thru your issues
4. Plan ahead
5. Stop the excuses

I had to inform them in no uncertain terms they were on the clock to deliver results. Not in the next decade, now. If they were incapable of that they just needed to drop their resume on my desk, no notice necessary. I‘d understand if it was too difficult for them.

It’s high time they stopped sucking the company dry while their peers delivered. Understand completely if accountability is not for some of you, but it’s no way to run a business and college football is not a hobby. It’s a business with real money and with that should come consequences for failing to deliver.

slugboy

Staff member
Some threads go off topic and that’s ok. We try to keep the recruiting threads about recruits. Let’s keep the transfer thread about transfers.

Today is April 23rd. It’s been mentioned before that to play in the Fall, transfers have to find their new home by May 1st. That’s just over a week. That’s not much more time for this game of musical chairs; the tune will stop and people need a seat.

There should be a lot of news in the next 8 days.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Some threads go off topic and that’s ok. We try to keep the recruiting threads about recruits. Let’s keep the transfer thread about transfers.

Today is April 23rd. It’s been mentioned before that to play in the Fall, transfers have to find their new home by May 1st. That’s just over a week. That’s not much more time for this game of musical chairs; the tune will stop and people need a seat.

There should be a lot of news in the next 8 days.
I believe players have to “enter” the portal by May 1st in order to play in the fall. I believe they can “select” a school up until Fall registration is closed. Also, even the ones who “enter” the portal after May 1st can request a waiver to play in the Fall, and last year, they were easy to get.