Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This is interesting. We will have a very young OL in 2022 and that does not bode especially well. Or, are we old enough?

Only Leftwich and Franklin would be second year players from that list I believe. Also, Williams playing so much so early makes him a bit different than most of the other third year players. Still on the younger side as only having 5 OLmen in their 4th or 5th year but not terribly so. If you think of it as bringing in 4-5 linemen every class and the majority of them staying 5 years you'd expect maybe 7 or 8 instead of 5. Really boils down to who plays though but it'll be interesting to see Collins' first OL class step into their 3rd year where I would expect at least 2 or 3 to be normal rotation type guys.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
This is interesting. We will have a very young OL in 2022 and that does not bode especially well. Or, are we old enough?

Jordan Williams 6’6 333 Soph
Nick Pendley 6’4 319 R-Soph
Mike Minivan 6’3 300 R-Sr
Pierce Quick 6’5 306 R-Soph
Paul Tchio 6’5 310 Soph
Wing Green 6’7 309 R-Fr
Jakiah Leftwich 6’6 327 R-Fr
Weston Franklin 6’4 316 Soph
Paula Vaipulu 6’3 303 Soph
Will Lay 6’2 313 R-Sr
Mike Maye 6’3 317 R-Jr
Not to get too far off the OP, but where is Austin Smith? I thought that I heard he got injured last season. Also is Mike Maye coming back?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not to get too far off the OP, but where is Austin Smith? I thought that I heard he got injured last season. Also is Mike Maye coming back?
Smith - knew surgery was not succesful.

Sure we have plenty of ol as long as the only get slight fingernail scrapes.

Food for thought
So with no injuries who and why will make the all ACC team for ol? Thats going to be a laugh riot on here when cgc and key compliment any player.

Iirc Cochran was honorable mention 2021
Cochran was HM last year. Defoor in 19 was HM. Long gone omis P Braun.

Being real we are a year away from being solid in ol for a season .
We have

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Smith - knew surgery was not succesful.

Sure we have plenty of ol as long as the only get slight fingernail scrapes.

Food for thought
So with no injuries who and why will make the all ACC team for ol? Thats going to be a laugh riot on here when cgc and key compliment any player.

Iirc Cochran was honorable mention 2021
Cochran was HM last year. Defoor in 19 was HM. Long gone omis P Braun.

Being real we are a year away from being solid in ol for a season .
We have
I agree on the OL.It would take a huge turnaround for the OL to be improved much.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree on the OL.It would take a huge turnaround for the OL to be improved much.
I have been watching things unfold on the flats for a long time. More often than not, things are usually better or worse than they were the year before. Except for Coach Chan and Coach Geoff....they have brought consistency to the program. This year I am expecting things to be similar to, better than, or worse than the year before. I will circle back around in December to remind y'all of this prediction. Take this to the bank. We all know how people crawl out of the woodwork here to bump threads that prove how right the were? Yeah, well I'm finna do it 2.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I have been watching things unfold on the flats for a long time. More often than not, things are usually better or worse than they were the year before. Except for Coach Chan and Coach Geoff....they have brought consistency to the program. This year I am expecting things to be similar to, better than, or worse than the year before. I will circle back around in December to remind y'all of this prediction. Take this to the bank. We all know how people crawl out of the woodwork here to bump threads that prove how right the were? Yeah, well I'm finna do it 2.
I think we would agree that you've got it covered well.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I’d say Geoff and Chan are about as consistent as you can get.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Say what you will about Gailey. But he was NOT still on the learning curve to become a head coach.:blackeye:

Chan needed to get out of his own head and hire an OC that understood the changing college game. That was his issue. when your spiek with calvin johnson ins 9 wins and a touchdownless loss to wake in a championship. Your prostyle approach isn't working. a .580 winning percentage in the pros rarely made the wild card. and a .75 usually means a 1st round birth. In college not so much.

Though o'leary was somehow ranked at 7-5 so different times.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Chan needed to get out of his own head and hire an OC that understood the changing college game. That was his issue. when your spiek with calvin johnson ins 9 wins and a touchdownless loss to wake in a championship. Your prostyle approach isn't working. a .580 winning percentage in the pros rarely made the wild card. and a .75 usually means a 1st round birth. In college not so much.

Though o'leary was somehow ranked at 7-5 so different times.
Agreed. I didn't mean to infer that he was a great HC. He was what he was. But his teams looked prepared to play. He wasn't still learning how to manage the clock, get plays and schemes onto the field, make in game adjustments , etc.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The effort of @GTJackets ITT continues to put all other to shame. I checked out for a few weeks only to return to the same stellar output by you, sir.

You'd think that standard of excellence would motivate your peers but, sadly, the gap may have widened in my absence.