Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Who cares about Jones. We were never in the hunt for him. We’ll be better off without him, after a year he may not be happy with that move and go somewhere else. Let’s find someone else
How about this guy: Darrion Henry He has a nice GT connection with his former HS coach being our new RB coach, Mike Daniels. He was also teammates with Paris Johnson, the stepson of Daniels.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Who cares about Jones. We were never in the hunt for him. We’ll be better off without him, after a year he may not be happy with that move and go somewhere else. Let’s find someone else
Seems like we can never get a highly rated defense line players to come to tech. Why is it so hard for tech to recruit great d lineman and Quarterback’s. That’s been our Achilles hill for 20 or so years.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas.
Jt was amazing but not a 5 star pocket passer which is what the person was referring too. The amount of nfl qbs per high school class is 1 maybe 2 and most of them are not going to us for 3 years to gonpro when. They could ride at a bama for 2 years have one year as there turn as the starter and be mac jones.

As for defensive lineman well I think that reasons pretty well known.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
2 4 star DT’s in this class alone.

And i am hoping they will pan out. The issue with DL is even 4 star rated ones don't always play that way. As much as it pains me to say Remember francis Kallon? 4 star DE from Ted roof's highschool alma mater never really had a click while Adam Gotsis a 2 star recruit ende dup in the nfl.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
And i am hoping they will pan out. The issue with DL is even 4 star rated ones don't always play that way. As much as it pains me to say Remember francis Kallon? 4 star DE from Ted roof's highschool alma mater never really had a click while Adam Gotsis a 2 star recruit ende dup in the nfl.
I watch a lot of Gwinnett football and honestly Kallon had no business being 4*. Miles and Lockett have played a lot more football than he had. Huge difference imo

JoJaTeck

Georgia Tech Fan
I watch a lot of Gwinnett football and honestly Kallon had no business being 4*. Miles and Lockett have played a lot more football than he had. Huge difference imo
Isn't The Dwags best DT a 3 star? Recruiting is a crap shoot at times - One of our best DT in recent memory Vance Walker, was unranked out of Highschool and played several seasons in the NFL

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

I agree, Kallon was rated based on measurables. And M not discounting miles and lockett in this merely pointign out that star ratings on the DL seem to be even more of a crapshoot than at other positions.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Big nasties are the hardest commodity to find. They know it, and very few of them are desiring a high end (or any) college education. I’m speaking, of course, in generalities, but with so few available and an even lesser quantity interested in a GT degree, it makes finding them extremely difficult for any coach, especially at GT.