Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. Pickett (QB) and Blewitt (K) both carried on the long tradition of inappropriately-named Pitt football players.
5007B762-B828-4DBB-B2E2-EADD9D35F4A7.jpeg

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am watching that game. Happy for him doing well at SDSU.
I don’t think the previous staff. Was very good @ judging the players talent and skill levels .I think that’s why they kept starting the same guys over and over again. Same results year after after year after year nothing changed I am glad he is enjoying college football.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think the previous staff. Was very good @ judging the players talent and skill levels .I think that’s why they kept starting the same guys over and over again. Same results year after after year after year nothing changed I am glad he is enjoying college football.
I think they were inconsistent at evaluating their players. I know he gave his best, but it was baffling to me how stubborn they were about keeping TaQuon at starting QB. It seemed like every time he had to take a series or a game off, his replacement would light it up, whether it was Matthew Jordan or Tobias Oliver. And then we would go right back to struggling with TaQuon at the soonest opportunity rather than seeing if maybe there was something sustainable in the success we were having with the other guys. Lucas was one of a few players who suffered from being in the right program at the wrong time. I’m so glad to hear that he got to finish his career on a high note closer to home.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think they were inconsistent at evaluating their players. I know he gave his best, but it was baffling to me how stubborn they were about keeping TaQuon at starting QB. It seemed like every time he had to take a series or a game off, his replacement would light it up, whether it was Matthew Jordan or Tobias Oliver. And then we would go right back to struggling with TaQuon at the soonest opportunity rather than seeing if maybe there was something sustainable in the success we were having with the other guys. Lucas was one of a few players who suffered from being in the right program at the wrong time. I’m so glad to hear that he got to finish his career on a high note closer to home.
I feel like our current staff has the same issue. Little changing of players regardless of how they are performing on the field.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The QB in line for 2017 was Jordan, but he injured his foot so severely that he had a hard time staying on the field and finally had to call it quits. That's too bad. I always said that a team with Jordan at QB and Mills at BB would be a team to fear and for all our opponents including Clemson and Ugag. Sort of like Navy when Will Worth was their QB, but with better talent. But a combination of bad fortune and antiquated rules precluded that. Too bad; a Jordan/Mills combo would have resulted in a 9 win season in 2017 and maybe even better, imho.

TaQuon was also a better QB than most people gave him credit for. He had problems throwing when the protection broke down, but when it held up he could be very effective. As in:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The QB in line for 2017 was Jordan, but he injured his foot so severely that he had a hard time staying on the field and finally had to call it quits. That's too bad. I always said that a team with Jordan at QB and Mills at BB would be a team to fear and for all our opponents including Clemson and Ugag. Sort of like Navy when Will Worth was their QB, but with better talent. But a combination of bad fortune and antiquated rules precluded that. Too bad; a Jordan/Mills combo would have resulted in a 9 win season in 2017 and maybe even better, imho.

TaQuon was also a better QB than most people gave him credit for. He had problems throwing when the protection broke down, but when it held up he could be very effective. As in:

The Jordan/Mills combo would have been hard to handle. But I also agree that TaQuon was an underappreciated QB by lots of folks.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Blaming the "rules" for losing Mills is disingenuous. Sure, you may not like them, but 99% of the team had no problem in following them. In the end, Mills was excused because he couldn't be disciplined enough to follow them. To his credit, he managed to turn himself around after he left.

Your greater point remains: A Jordan/Mills combo would have been ruthless.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Don’t forget the other RB that transferred. Marshall??