Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
At least we weren’t GTU! I’m pumped when 5* players tweet about us offering. Puts our name out there. Shows legitimacy, even if they’re not truly interested. We know he’s tweeted out offer at least twice. That’s more than he’s tweeted anyone else’s offer.
And then they look up our record. Then they see the laughing stock this program has become

All I can think is Navin Johnson proclaiming the new phone books are here

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Slow news Monday, so I'm speculating for s&g's. Stephen Ruiz is a 6-5, 235-pound kicker transferring from BC. He's majoring in mathematics, so he can probably do calculus. Who knows if we need a K, but after the previous few years (last year was better) any and all competition is welcome.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Well, that hasn't happened yet, so let's not throw our team under the bus before they do.
You know they haven't looked at our records?
wouldn't you want to know what kind of company/firm/institution has interest in you? It frankly takes little effort to do that kind of due diligence.
Besides, the bus has already rolled over this program. And backed over it again.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You know they haven't looked at our records?
wouldn't you want to know what kind of company/firm/institution has interest in you? It frankly takes little effort to do that kind of due diligence.
Besides, the bus has already rolled over this program. And backed over it again.
No, he/they haven't publicly (and let's be real, all these kids pretty much post whatever they're thinking) anything negative about GT. So whether the record matters the him/them or not, he/they aren't slamming our program. No need for you to jump the gun and get the slamfest started.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have the worst rated recruiting class since Collins has arrived, will most likely not land Bonner and the best player just transferred. Sure they haven’t came out and said “Collins is trash and Tech is 9-25.” Their actions are just speaking instead
If you want to be a person who trashes their team without prejudice, let me know now and I’ll just ignore you because you have very little of value to add to any discussion.

Gibbs doesn’t come to GT without Collins and Choice, so there’s that. As for Bonner, I didn’t realize you were that close to this kid to have those types of intimate conversations about what he thinks of various teams. I’m not saying he’s coming, but he’s been nothing but respectful to GT, and there’s nothing but good about that. Oh, when’s the last time we got a 5* RB? That’s right, never.

Seems you’re projecting here. Just because you and a handful of “fans” want to **** on GT doesn’t mean everyone else does.

I can’t imaging any true fan is happy with the outcome of our first tree seasons. But if you are the epitome of our fan base, we’ll always be a losing program. Thank God your just a vocal minority that refuses to get over your butt-hurt. Collins will either turn things around this season or he won’t be here any longer. I can’t imagine why ANY true GT fan wouldn’t get behind the Program, or at least shut their claptrap until next season. The only changes that are going to happen before next season have already happened, so it serves no purpose to continue to ***** and complain.

As for recruiting classes, two things come to mind. 1) recruiting classes aren’t final until February, and 2) in today’s transfer portal, the whole concept of “recruiting class” has changed. I don’t think anyone has really developed an algorithm that represents today’s recruiting landscape well. This is going to be an ever-changing field.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The only changes that are going to happen before next season have already happened, so it serves no purpose to continue to ***** and complain.
Nothing being done on this board serves any purpose except to allow people to share their opinions to create further discussion which has no bearing on anything. You constantly complain about the views other people hold not being the same as your own. Perhaps go set up your own forum where users can only talk about positive aspects of the program, I'm sure membership will be through the roof.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We have the worst rated recruiting class since Collins has arrived, will most likely not land Bonner and the best player just transferred. Sure they haven’t came out and said “Collins is trash and Tech is 9-25.” Their actions are just speaking instead
Recruiting fell off when we went on our 6-game losing streak, but it's somewhat heartening that we've been able to hang onto most of what we had committed to us, including the two 4-star DLs and the 4-star OL. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised at what we've gotten in the portal, but we've lost a lot, too.

Gotta win next year or recruiting will fall through the floor.

ramblingman

Georgia Tech Fan
Agreed. Collins is in same shoes as Pastner going into their 4th seasons, and needs to show significant improvement to keep his job. Pastner made some poor choices his first couple of years, learned hard lessons, but stayed the course and was successful. I'm glad our AD didn't plug the after year 3.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

The part of me that doesn't like the CGC hire and the associated nonsense, and that went on record as saying I didn't think sustained recruiting success was likely to improve overnight wants to agree with this.

The part of me that is rational, fair, and likes facts disagrees. We have a lower ranked class because we have 16 commits. If you sort the data on rivals we are 26th in terms of average rating of recruit. That's about on par with what CGC has shown he is consistently capable of here so far. I may not like all his coaching and programmatic decisions, but the man can recruit.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The part of me that doesn't like the CGC hire and the associated nonsense, and that went on record as saying I didn't think sustained recruiting success was likely to improve overnight wants to agree with this.

The part of me that is rational, fair, and likes facts disagrees. We have a lower ranked class because we have 16 commits. If you sort the data on rivals we are 26th in terms of average rating of recruit. That's about on par with what CGC has shown he is consistently capable of here so far. I may not like all his coaching and programmatic decisions, but the man can recruit.
This will only improve if we can start winning enough to get bowl eligible.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This will only improve if we can start winning enough to get bowl eligible.

Correct.

The issue has been we are arguing the chicken vs. the egg. We aren't going to win enough games to become bowl eligible without good recruiting and without winning enough games we aren't going to be able to improve on our recruiting. IMO, we are finally getting enough talent and depth on the team that next year should be much improved. It was always going to take time, but for those with a taste for fried chicken, a diet of scrambled eggs was never going to cut it. Either way, we will see next year where we are.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing being done on this board serves any purpose except to allow people to share their opinions to create further discussion which has no bearing on anything. You constantly complain about the views other people hold not being the same as your own. Perhaps go set up your own forum where users can only talk about positive aspects of the program, I'm sure membership will be through the roof.
No, I have no problem with people having their own opinions. These comments aren't furthering discussion, they're just blasting the program we profess to love and support. So, talking about the positive and negative aspects of the program is great. Continuously making snide comments about the head coach isn't looking for discussion. When someone trashes my school and my program adding nothing constructive, I'm going to call them out. Feel free to do the same with me if I start trashing the teams you profess to support. I'm happy to have a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the program (and we have tons of weaknesses), but my response wasn't to a discussion-developing comment.