Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Because of how his teammates support him and react to him on social media, and on the sidelines.

Sims is not the reason we're not winning. That's why I said Gibson better be head and shoulders better than Sims. If he's head and shoulders better than Sims, it doesn't matter because teammates want the best guy to play...regardless of friendships. Winning trumps all.
Sims is a team captain…

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can think of nothing more relevant than the number of wins over a three year span for a college football program under the circumstances.
There’s nothing about that that is relevant to the discussion. The number of games we’ve won over the past 3 years has zero to do with the current playing status of the OL signees. It seems you just have a negative agenda you’re looking to push. That’s not helpful for the program.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it’s a terrible generalization to say players care about the number of wins. Did the number one player in the country go JSU because the number of wins? Me thinks it’s the number in front of the dollar sign. And I think that’s going to become a much bigger factor going forward for a lot of players

slugboy

Staff member
I think it’s a terrible generalization to say players care about the number of wins. Did the number one player in the country go JSU because the number of wins? Me thinks it’s the number in front of the dollar sign. And I think that’s going to become a much bigger factor going forward for a lot of players
The story about Barstool and the $1.5 million NIL deal has been denied by Jax State and the recruit, and I think by Barstool as well.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1639619938986.jpeg

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
After a busy couple of days...

Wednesday update:
  • Jamious Griffin - Withdrew from the portal
  • Ayinde (Ace) Eley - Announced he's returning
  • Luke Benson - committed to GT as a transfer from Cuse
  • Konata Mumpfield - tweeted offer from GT
  • Jayson Jones - tweeted offer from GT

• Chayden Peery - entered the portal
  • Jake Bobo - committed to UCLA
  • James Neal - committed to Iowa State
NamePositionYear
Staying
Dontae SmithRB2018
Jamious GriffinRB2019
Ayinde EleyLB2017
GT Portal Entries
Khaya WrightLB2020
Jahmyr GibbsRB2020
Jordan YatesQB2019
Jamal CampOL2019
Tony AmersonRB2019
Jaquon GriffinDL2018
Chayden PeeryQB2021
GT Draft Entries
Juanyeh ThomasDB2018
Jordan MasonRB2017
Tobias OliverDB2017
Incoming Transfer Commit
Luke BensonTE2019Syracuse
Possible Transfer In
Jamin GrahamDL2019Nebraska
Pierce QuickOL2019Alabama
Paul TchioOG2020Clemson
Jackson BrattonLB2020Alabama
Tylan GrableOL2018Jacksonville State
Ryan JohnsonDL2017Stanford
Harrison BaileyQB2020Tennessee
Elijah CanionWR2020Auburn
Kobie TurnerDT2018Richmond
Zach GibsonQB2019Akron
Antwan RobertsRB2021Wisconsin
Jake TongesTE2017Cal
Konata MumpfieldWR2020Akron
Jayson JonesDT2020Oregon
Out of ConsiderationCommitted To
Gerald MinceyOT2020Florida Tennessee
M.J. GriffinS2019Temple Louisville
James NealOL2021Independence Community College Iowa State
Jake BoboWR2018Duke UCLA

I know it's being widely rumored that Harrison Bailey is not coming to GT. Just haven't seen anything from an official source yet. So he's still on the possible list.

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow

GT went hard after him in 2020, and were one of his finalists. The Swarm archives contain almost 50 pages and 950+ posts on him. Fun fact many of the later posts were predicting he’d bail within 2 years. Prophetic 😂

Fast forward to ‘22. There are a growing number of schools showing interest now, including Awburn and Old Miss. His first love remains ‘bama, but they do not appear interested, at least publicly.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Collins told Kelly Quinlan that there are more transfers coming in that aren't public and that this class is small because we dont have a lot of people leaving.
"we didn't have a lot of people leaving"
How many took part in senior day? Now throw in Yates, Gibbs, Amerson, Wright, Peery, Ezzard, JaQuon Griffin, Jamal Camp, plus Juanyeh, Tobias and Mason, off the top of my head.
seems like a lot of people leaving, Geoff (which is French for 9 wins in three seasons)