Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I have it on good authority that Gibbs turned down multiple NIL deals while at Tech. So, I’m not convinced NIL money was the primary issue with him.

I don't doubt he did, but if he can play championship football and get the money he'd be silly not to get the money. You also have to consider NIL is your brand you won't want to necessarily support something you don't support.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Like having Eley back. Maybe it was because the secondary had so many mistakes but it felt like our LB group as a whole made some progress last year so returning as much as we can improves the odds of building on that.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Gotta say man, the wording on the return from the portal guys has me feeling a little more hope. They have a better view into what the chances are by staying. If they're willing to come back they have to believe that we are on the precipice of getting back to respectable. I can't see competitors coming back for another 3 wins type season.

Let's Go! Time to show support for the program and keep stacking bricks on bricks while we rebuild from the fall.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Chayden Peery, GT QB, has entered the transfe portal.
1639586004277.jpeg