Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

JacketFan137

Banned
i feel like we must have an incoming QB transfer for peery to leave. gonna be a more crowded room now with pyron coming in.

qb is the hardest position to keep improving while satisfying the egos. not gonna find a lot of QBs that are ok sitting the bench

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Really wanted to see what he could do but this has gotta mean there is more good news coming for us from the transfer portal
Gonna say that must mean 1 of 2 or so: he is homesick and wants to continue his college career closer to home. 2. He met with the OC and doesn’t think his game meshes with the planned scheme. 3. GT is expected to get another QB via the portal and he’s frustrated with his positioning within the depth chart. 4. Frustrated with the W/L record and wants a fresh start somewhere else.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m guessing that Peery saw the writing on the wall that he wasn’t likely to beat out Sims, and with the COVID year, they both have the same amount of eligibility (except that Peery took a redshirt). And Pyron is no slouch either, so I’m sure Peery feels that going to a school far from home to be a backup QB is a bit much for him. And regardless of how smart or gifted someone is, Tech isn’t for everyone; it’s possible that he just didn’t feel like he fit in. I wish him well and hope he finds that home.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to see Ace (LB) come back and Thacker commented on Efford’s commitment post “cut different” so maybe Thacker will be coaching the LB as previously rumored and this is an endorsement of belief by these players in what they believe to be true about Thacker as a position coach and what he brings to the table. Or why else would they be entrusting Ace his final year of eligibility and Efford his start of his college career on a team with a coach that they can’t see themselves getting better under his leadership?