Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, I don't get it. He is the starting quarterback and he is in the portal? Am I missing something? Is it due to the coaching change?
He met with Kelly yesterday, he is in the portal today. And, his 5 ⭐ brother who is a TE decommited. Make your own assumptions. LSU has 2 excellent, starting QBs enter the portal in 2021. Kelly is not helping himself fr the start.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Alot of the LSu players are really pissed baout how the Coach O thing played out.

Coach O did it to himself. The Orgeron didn't do himself any favors...if you do a quick search about Orgeron post national championship, and how he spent his time, it's not very flattering. LSU was going to have off the field issues with him.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
He met with Kelly yesterday, he is in the portal today. And, his 5 ⭐ brother who is a TE decommited. Make your own assumptions. LSU has 2 excellent, starting QBs enter the portal in 2021. Kelly is not helping himself fr the start.
There's a few good QBs in the portal for him to bring in if he wants.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
From last week, but might be of interest as a grad transfer,

Vanderbilt wide receiver Cam Johnson announced Monday that he intends to enter the NCAA transfer portal. Johnson, a 4-star recruit in the 2018 class out of Nashville-area power Brentwood Academy, made 124 receptions for 1,233 yards and 10 touchdowns over 26 games for the Commodores from 2018 to 2021 and will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Coach O did it to himself. The Orgeron didn't do himself any favors...if you do a quick search about Orgeron post national championship, and how he spent his time, it's not very flattering. LSU was going to have off the field issues with him.

That may be true. But players always love those kind of coaches. And don't like disciplinarians.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I'll throw one more out there for the grapevine. Kentucky sophomore outside linebacker KD McDaniel entered the transfer portal yesterday. He was rated reasonably, .8763, out of Tift County High School, Tifton, Georgia.

He has not played a lot at UK and is more of a rush OLB at 6'2", 240 ish.

I got nothing on interest in him. Just researching local guys, scouting potential fits.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Lets look at the players on offense next year if a few more don't leave ( warning this may not look good) this will include players that have committed to sign on signing day.

4 QB Sims,Perry,Beatty,and Pyron
3 RB Smith,Martin ,KellmanNorris,
8 WR Blackstran ,Blackburn, Byod, Kong, Norris, Harris, Owens, Bonner
4 Slot Mccollan. Rutherford, Hayes, Moore
14 OL Vaipulu, Pendley, Williams, Kirby, Frainklin, Maye, Green, Leftwitch, Spiers, Kootsouradis ,Gibson ,Best, Bonica, Mooney

Total 37 on offense and this would include in coming Freshman in they sign

Your Thoughts

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Lets look at the players on offense next year if a few more don't leave ( warning this may not look good) this will include players that have committed to sign on signing day.

14 OL Vaipulu, Pendley, Williams, Kirby, Frainklin, Maye, Green, Leftwitch, Spiers, Kootsouradis ,Gibson ,Best, Bonica, Mooney

Your Thoughts
JP Mason is still deciding if he’ll play an extra year from what I understand

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

Your Thoughts
What about Malachi and Adonicas?

Does anyone have a list of players who walked on senior day?

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow

Your Thoughts
I don't see M. Carter or A. Sanders on your list of WRs but I think they will both be coming back.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if Weyman understood what was happening in the the neighborhoods around Lakeside but he sure did benefit by the suburban expansion and the numbers of talented, athletic kids that ended up in the Lakeside area and Henderson to a lesser amount in the 70's. I heard Mike Johnson came to Tech "for a cup of coffee", so to speak and John O'Neal (from the class of 74) came here and played. Mike was a phenomenal athlete.
My brother, a Tech grad, played for Henderson in the 70s. They had some really good teams (state champs in baseball w/Pete Ladd) but they could not get past Lakeside.