Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He met with Kelly yesterday, he is in the portal today. And, his 5 ⭐ brother who is a TE decommited. Make your own assumptions. LSU has 2 excellent, starting QBs enter the portal in 2021. Kelly is not helping himself fr the start.
Thank you for the information. Coach O ends up being the gift that keeps on giving it would seem. But the Bengal Tigers got a national championship out of it anyway. Maybe Mike the Tiger will take a bite out of Kelly and he will decommit from his decommit...or something.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
It amazes me how how some of our fans think we’re the only program experiencing attrition right now. And some to the point where they’re worried we won’t even be able to field a team next year!?! It’s laughable. This happens every year to every CFB program. We’re not even one of the programs experiencing the most attrition at the moment. Dudes are gonna leave. Dudes are gonna come in. It happens. Now, we’re experiencing more attrition than I think we’re used to, which is alarming some fans, but don’t close the gates to Bobby Dodd just yet. I remember the off-season prior to the 2014 being TERRIBLE.

JacketFan137

Banned
It amazes me how how some of our fans think we’re the only program experiencing attrition right now. And some to the point where they’re worried we won’t even be able to field a team next year!?! It’s laughable. This happens every year to every CFB program. We’re not even one of the programs experiencing the most attrition at the moment. Dudes are gonna leave. Dudes are gonna come in. It happens. Now, we’re experiencing more attrition than I think we’re used to, which is alarming some fans, but don’t close the gates to Bobby Dodd just yet. I remember the off-season prior to the 2014 being TERRIBLE.
gibbs and mason have so far been the only losses that have been a legitimate concern and even then dontae is a great player. in all honesty every other loss has been either expected or a player that didn’t do much of anything for us.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
gibbs and mason have so far been the only losses that have been a legitimate concern and even then dontae is a great player. in all honesty every other loss has been either expected or a player that didn’t do much of anything for us.
Mason would have been gone anyway if not for a covid year.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Lets look at the players on offense next year if a few more don't leave ( warning this may not look good) this will include players that have committed to sign on signing day.

4 QB Sims,Perry,Beatty,and Pyron
3 RB Smith,Martin ,KellmanNorris,
8 WR Blackstran ,Blackburn, Byod, Kong, Norris, Harris, Owens, Bonner
4 Slot Mccollan. Rutherford, Hayes, Moore
14 OL Vaipulu, Pendley, Williams, Kirby, Frainklin, Maye, Green, Leftwitch, Spiers, Kootsouradis ,Gibson ,Best, Bonica, Mooney

Total 37 on offense and this would include in coming Freshman in they sign

Your Thoughts
O line is the key...it enhances the skill players value and keeps the defense off the field ...the starting position, turn overs and three and outs or failures on 4th and short put our defense on its heels all year ...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are two competing narratives on this site.

(1) Our players just need another year of experience. They will eventually be elite players. Grow old / stay old. Give them time.

(2) All the players we are losing in the portal weren’t helping us anyway. Next man up, or, at least, let’s get get some new guys in the program whether through the portal or a new recruiting class. We’ll come out ahead with better players when all the transfer smoke clears.

The problem I see is that the contradiction between these two narratives suggests we are not addressing the root cause. I don’t profess to know what will get us unstuck but I have concerns about what may be going on beneath the surface. Otherwise this is not a restaurant menu where you can take some from column (1) and some from column (2).

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

(1) Our players just need another year of experience. They will eventually be elite players. Grow old / stay old. Give them time.

(2) All the players we are losing in the portal weren’t helping us anyway. Next man up, or, at least, let’s get get some new guys in the program whether through the portal or a new recruiting class. We’ll come out ahead with better players when all the transfer smoke clears.

The problem I see is that the contradiction between these two narratives suggests we are not addressing the root cause. I don’t profess to know what will get us unstuck but I have concerns about what may be going on beneath the surface. Otherwise this is not a restaurant menu where you can take some from column (1) and some from column (2).
Every team in cfb practically is losing players through the portal, just as many if not more, it‘s not just us. Losing a starter like Gibbs is the one that stands out and is a real black-eye for us.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Well clearly the second narrative is not true, but there will be whistlers in the dark who will tell us that losing Gibbs is no big deal.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well clearly the second narrative is not true, but there will be whistlers in the dark who will tell us that losing Gibbs is no big deal.
There isn’t a single human being on the planet that you will hear say losing Gibbs isn’t a big deal.

He is the only player we have lost to the portal that is a big deal though.

Griffin (the DT) hurts from a depth standpoint. He was a solid player when healthy, but seemed to always stay banged up.

We’ve lost nobody else that is a big deal to this point.

We’re rumored to be bringing in 2 massive former extremely highly rated OL in as well. That’s where we need the most help too.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Every team in cfb practically is losing players through the portal, just as many if not more, it‘s not just us. Losing a starter like Gibbs is the one that stands out and is a real black-eye for us.
Agreed. The problem I was addressing is that all the portal discussion, pro or con, does not tell us anything fundamental about the program. It certainly won’t be a panacea for this team since it is not a panacea for 90% of other teams. Right now it only suggests that we are still a few more years away from developing team chemistry.

For right now.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There isn’t a single human being on the planet that you will hear say losing Gibbs isn’t a big deal.

He is the only player we have lost to the portal that is a big deal though.

Griffin (the DT) hurts from a depth standpoint. He was a solid player when healthy, but seemed to always stay banged up.

We’ve lost nobody else that is a big deal to this point.

We’re rumored to be bringing in 2 massive former extremely highly rated OL in as well. That’s where we need the most help too.
Well, hopefully we hold onto Dontae, but losing J. Griffin might hurt us more than we know, too. Next year would have been his year to shine. Agreed that we need those O-linemen badly.