Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Choice is doing an excellent job. We’re not hurting at RB despite losing Gibbs and Mason. I’m sure with Choice we’ll be drooling over the 3rd and 4th string when they get game action.

We don’t have an OL coach capable of developing talent, DL is always an issue at GT even when we have NFL capable players for some reason, behind them you’ve lost the staff and there’s no replacements yet so we got no idea what the secondary will yield. Not even sure what a TE is except someone that takes the spot of an otherwise useful player.
Stupid idea but we are so bad why not. We may as well just bring in more OG and OT and forget the TE since they are not used in the passing game. That way we could also improve both our pass and run protection.

Play a 6-7 man front on the OL. Mess with the Defensive coordinators mind set on how to defend us

The TE has been wasted Scholarships so far. Lets get the run and pass blocking down first

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
sort of puts our 40 year plan at question. Why wait 40 years to be worth a $1M or more.
Doesn't take that long anymore if they invest a decent part of their income-- even for an engineer. The Roth and 401k vehicles can really set people up. Those that can get a few years in the NFL get it up front and hopefully they don't blow it by the time they are 40. The odds of making the NFL are low so hopefully there is something to fall back on and an education is a proven way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Doesn't take that long anymore if they invest a decent part of their income-- even for an engineer. The Roth and 401k vehicles can really set people up. Those that can get a few years in the NFL get it up front and hopefully they don't blow it by the time they are 40. The odds of making the NFL are low so hopefully there is something to fall back on and an education is a proven way.

This is a great point. The NIL stuff makes the '40 year decision' thing a little different. Going to factories isn't necessarily just about going for the quick buck anymore, imho.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Anyone think there’s much of a chance that Gibbs decides not to transfer and ends up
deciding to come back to GT? I know it’s not likely but I wonder if it’s possible since nothing has been public about where he’s going other thanks Crystal ball predictions.
When will the transfers destinations become public?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone think there’s much of a chance that Gibbs decides not to transfer and ends up
deciding to come back to GT? I know it’s not likely but I wonder if it’s possible since nothing has been public about where he’s going other thanks Crystal ball predictions.
When will the transfers destinations become public?
Anything is possible so sure, it technically could happen that he comes back but that's very rare once a player goes into the portal. Especially given that he'll be in high demand. And it'll become public whenever Gibbs decides and announces it publicly. There's no "announcement day" or anything like that. Could be today or could be in May. I would expect him to enroll wherever he's going in January to be in spring practice so I'd expect him to announce in December in the next 2-3 weeks.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
But that would mean we would have to double our snark/humorous posts in both threads. I dont feel like working that hard.
mike myers oscars GIF by The Academy Awards
happy good mythical morning GIF by Rhett and Link

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Both Sims and Yates are in the bottom 12 of the ACC for QBR https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/1

No matter how much you want to defend Sims, the QBs both underperformed significantly this year. We will need Sims to show drastic improvement next year.
You come to Ga Tech for the history, tradition and opportunity to compete with top flight competition. That is a key selling point that I believe some of the current players do understand and do not fully appreciate that opportunity that has been given.

Perhaps over time, as a player you work hard, pay your dues, develop and now are clearly recognized as being overlooked by the perennial elite (sorry to use that word I couldn't resist)...

These past three years we have been thoroughly humbled by those folk (Ga, ND, Clemson, Miami etc)...

Transferring seems an admission to have given up, acknowledging to be unable to compete at that level (JG a noted exception who is sadly the anomaly).

With historically poor performances and multiple and perhaps pending 3 win seasons it certainly follows attendance suffers and people leave... sad...😢

I sincerely hope those who make the effort and stay find their way and guide us all out of this quandary...supporting them all along that difficult path...
I agree, actually thought Ely was pretty solid along with the other lb’snginn
I think we were expecting game changing play and a leadership role...just didn't happen...not sure who the defensive leader was? #4 sort of?