Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I hope this is true. I'm looking for only the best for this kid.!!

Despite being a life long Tech fan, I've taking a liking to Alabama recently due to the fact that I like Saban and they tend to beat Ga quite a bit. I'm not sure Gibbs fits their typical RB model, which is more of a big, bruising back, but I'm sure they can find the right way to use him by getting him open in space and likely catching a lot of balls out of the backfield. Of course, if they run him up the middle like we did a bunch of times a game, he would likely have more holes to run through than he did here where he would typically get clogged up at the line of scrimmage.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Despite being a life long Tech fan, I've taking a liking to Alabama recently due to the fact that I like Saban and they tend to beat Ga quite a bit. I'm not sure Gibbs fits their typical RB model, which is more of a big, bruising back, but I'm sure they can find the right way to use him by getting him open in space and likely catching a lot of balls out of the backfield. Of course, if they run him up the middle like we did a bunch of times a game, he would likely have more holes to run through than he did here where he would typically get clogged up at the line of scrimmage.

Gibbs would be a slot at bama.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, this is huge news if true because we all know 2 things.

1. Temple's defense is one of the best in the country.
2. Collins and his staff did wonders at Temple. So much so that he still tell us all about it. Imagine if we picked up a transfer from Mississippi State or Florida!!

;)
We did. Clayton Florida. DE

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Which is probably what he should've been here. You get speed into space. You don't run your speed guy up the middle when your line can't block. But what do I know. Our OC was the professional.

;)

You may not have liked the results of his play calling, but to claim you, a rank amateur, might have been smarter than a professional in the business for decades is sheer hubris.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He must be looking for championships and not academics. Okay if that's what he wants. Definitely better coaching and lots of exposure. If he makes it, and he should, to the NFL then this is a proven path for elite players. Can't blame him going for the NFL bucks. Better there than Athens if it's true.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
You may not have liked the results of his play calling, but to claim you, a rank amateur, might have been smarter than a professional in the business for decades is sheer hubris.

I can almost guarantee that I could've run an offense that put up 0 points in two games. If you don't believe that, I don't know what to say. And I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

;) 😂🤣

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
He must be looking for championships and not academics. Okay if that's what he wants. Definitely better coaching and lots of exposure. If he makes it, and he should, to the NFL then this is a proven path for elite players. Can't blame him going for the NFL bucks. Better there than Athens if it's true.
The way I look at it is, Bamas connections might be worth equal to a fancy degree. I’ll be honest, the closest I came to Going to tech was some adult data science boot camp, so I’m not going to know a true GT degree helps. But we all know of the mysterious Alabama Bagmen. You will be able to have some pretty powerful people in your corner. Is it what you know, or who you know?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Good for Gibbs. That kid can do whatever he wants there. Slot. RB. They will find a way to utilize him, that’s for sure.

Such a shame we really had that caliber of a player and our staff royally F’d that up. Way to go lol.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Choice seems to coach up his players, even if they start at a high level. We may have other position coaches who do the same.

I’ll agree that we haven’t seen breakthroughs at OL, DT, LB, TE, and DB yet. And that’s a lot of position groups.
Choice is doing an excellent job. We’re not hurting at RB despite losing Gibbs and Mason. I’m sure with Choice we’ll be drooling over the 3rd and 4th string when they get game action.

We don’t have an OL coach capable of developing talent, DL is always an issue at GT even when we have NFL capable players for some reason, behind them you’ve lost the staff and there’s no replacements yet so we got no idea what the secondary will yield. Not even sure what a TE is except someone that takes the spot of an otherwise useful player.