Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ha! Did you hear the cheers from the Tech fans when we actually made a first down last Saturday? I don't think our old OC was doing much better than just about anyone on here could.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wish we could split this thread into 2 pieces In coming (predicted) & outgoing announced with a running list of the names of players in each. That would make it very easy to track/update.
I wish there could be a thread dedicated solely incoming/outgoing player announcements with no commentary, that way every move could be tracked without worrying about missing something. I mean, there’s been like 6 total announcements and there’s over 600 random comments. Have one thread dedicated to announcements and one to comments.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Again, I am almost 100% certain that anyone on this forum could run an offense that puts up 0 points over a 2 game time frame. If you don't think that is accurate, then perhaps you should do some more thinking about it. :)

How sad that our fans cheered a first down in our game against Ga. Another benchmark of how far our program has fallen. :gt::buzz:

Those goal posts are a moving...

I said you'd do worse. I stand by my assertion. If the only metric you are using is score, then sure, you'd be just as bad. But that's not the only metric out there, and by every other metric I am sure that you would prove just how foolish it would be to put the play calling into the hands of message board warriors more concerned with mic drop moments than actual offensive strategy.

We also got shut out by VT in 2019, but we looked FAR better in each of the last two games than we did in that travesty of a game, and VT 2019 wasn't a playoff caliber team like the last two opponents of 2021. I'm betting the 2019 offensive effort against VT would look amazing compared to what you could do.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

I said you'd do worse. I stand by my assertion. If the only metric you are using is score, then sure, you'd be just as bad. But that's not the only metric out there, and by every other metric I am sure that you would prove just how foolish it would be to put the play calling into the hands of message board warriors more concerned with mic drop moments than actual offensive strategy.

We also got shut out by VT in 2019, but we looked FAR better in each of the last two games than we did in that travesty of a game, and VT 2019 wasn't a playoff caliber team like the last two opponents of 2021. I'm betting the 2019 offensive effort against VT would look amazing compared to what you could do.

The Simpsons GIF

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
If your son was Jahmyr Gibbs, would you tell him to prioritize academics or football for the next 12 months?
No elite college athlete prioritizes academics over athletics anyways. Even before NIL.

This is just something Tech fans like to think to make themselves feel better if we don’t recruit better or have a bad team.

Even a guy like Andrew Luck at Standford or Calvin here didn’t prioritize academics over athletics. It’s just a fallacy.

JacketFan137

Banned
No elite college athlete prioritizes academics over athletics anyways. Even before NIL.

This is just something Tech fans like to think to make themselves feel better if we don’t recruit better or have a bad team.

Even a guy like Andrew Luck at Standford or Calvin here didn’t prioritize academics over athletics. It’s just a fallacy.
you can get a degree when your 47. a shot at the nfl is only gonna last while you’re in your 20s blows my mind these people don’t understand this

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Does it honestly matter if Patenaude's offense would get 150 yards of offense and someone else's would get 50 yards if we get shut out twice in both scenarios? If you want to defend the prior OC, that's fine, but I think that is a tough hill to die on. Clearly it was not working and we were getting minimal yards in addition to NO POINTS.

And, again, does it really matter how good our offense looked or didn't look in 2019 against VT?? They beat us 45-0!!! If anything, it goes to show how poor of a job our coaching staff did in 2019 by trying to put a square peg in a round hole by running an offense that we clearly didn't have the personnel for. But I guess you're right, we looked lights out compared to the VT game in 2019. SMH.... :rolleyes:

Sorry I offended you in trying to bring some levity to a horrible situation.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You come to Ga Tech for the history, tradition and opportunity to compete with top flight competition. That is a key selling point that I believe some of the current players do understand and do not fully appreciate that opportunity that has been given.

Perhaps over time, as a player you work hard, pay your dues, develop and now are clearly recognized as being overlooked by the perennial elite (sorry to use that word I couldn't resist)...

These past three years we have been thoroughly humbled by those folk (Ga, ND, Clemson, Miami etc)...

Transferring seems an admission to have given up, acknowledging to be unable to compete at that level (JG a noted exception who is sadly the anomaly).

With historically poor performances and multiple and perhaps pending 3 win seasons it certainly follows attendance suffers and people leave... sad...😢

I sincerely hope those who make the effort and stay find their way and guide us all out of this quandary...supporting them all along that difficult path...

I think we were expecting game changing play and a leadership role...just didn't happen...not sure who the defensive leader was? #4 sort of?
Not agreeing or disagreeing except as noted.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

My wife had Calvin in one of her classes. According to her, he worked pretty damn hard. She was not an easy grader. Also had Phillip Wheeler and Elris Anyabe in that class. One of the young track studs actually failed the class.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My wife had Calvin in one of her classes. According to her, he worked pretty damn hard. She was not an easy grader. Also had Phillip Wheeler and Elris Anyabe in that class. One of the young track studs actually failed the class.
Heard Lucius Sanford was a serious student as well. One heck of a player too. Was in classes with my brother in law.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
We could use some more players like Sanford. You could hear the “pop” when he made a tackle and the stands would erupt with “Luuuuuuuciusssss”. I really miss those days…

Any chance Lucious, Drew Hill, Kent Hill, Eddie Lee and some of those stud players from the 70s have any kids or grandkids that are athletes? Pepper couldn't pull it all together, but he had some serious talent on campus for a while, particularly in '77 and '78.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Again, I am almost 100% certain that anyone on this forum could run an offense that puts up 0 points over a 2 game time frame. If you don't think that is accurate, then perhaps you should do some more thinking about it. :)

How sad that our fans cheered a first down in our game against Ga. Another benchmark of how far our program has fallen. :gt::buzz:

who the hell cares? drop it already