Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Gibbs is going to Bama. Zach evans just entered the portal and will go to UGA.
In order for Gibbs to Bama or Gibbs to UT or UGA or whatever to be true at this point in time, wouldn’t tampering have had to be occurring? I mean he just entered the portal today.

I hope the same big donors still trying to convince Tech to buy out Collins are also willing to offer Gibbs a big NIL deal to keep him here.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In order for Gibbs to Bama or Gibbs to UT or UGA or whatever to be true at this point in time, wouldn’t there have had to be tampering occurring? I mean he just entered the portal today.

I hope the same big donors still trying to convince Tech to buy out Collins are also willing to offer Gibbs a big NIL deal to keep him here.

Back channel. If Gibbs's family reaches out and lets other teams know he's not staying, that's not tampering.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I'll preface this by saying that I hate to see Gibbs leave. He was my son's favorite player. Ran into him (and Sims) out front of the stadium with his family after the VT game. Didn't speak to him but he was star-struck.

That being said, I do find it at least uncomfortable that ours season ticket holders get called out for abandoning the team by selling their tickets to the game this past weekend only to have the best player leave two days later because according to KQ's tweet "the losses were too much for him."

Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I noticed his body language more than any other player. I think during the Miami game, he just looked checked out. Blank. No emotion. Bored.

I can’t say I didn’t see this coming and I can’t say I blame the kid.

You gotta suspect with our top player leaving, others will follow…
I could understand Gibbs thinking his life and career will be enhanced by going somewhere else and that is because of his talent. Why would anyone else turn away from a GT degree knowing their chances of the NFL are pretty slim?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee makes the most sense. His potential would be on full display in that offense. You wanna know how many problems winning solves? You're about to witness it in Tennessee.
He should probably wait until Oklahoma makes a a decision on their new coach before he goes that route.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I could understand Gibbs thinking his life and career will be enhanced by going somewhere else and that is because of his talent. Why would anyone else turn away from a GT degree knowing their chances of the NFL are pretty slim?
None of us will understand why kids make the decisions they make.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
You have to consider firing Collins right now. I don't see why not especially if TStan allegedly has the ability to do so.

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
I understand the concerns over Gibbs leaving but I also agree, he doesn’t even sniff Ga. Tech if Collins and Company are not involved. Good Luck to you Mr. Gibbs and to anyone else that may choose this route. With that said, I’m not concerned about who’s leaving, I’m concerned about who’s coming in and what OC and DC we get.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
In order for Gibbs to Bama or Gibbs to UT or UGA or whatever to be true at this point in time, wouldn’t tampering have had to be occurring? I mean he just entered the portal today.

Everyone tampers nowadays without doing it illegally. Example, Gibbs has a friend at bama, tells him he might be transferring, that player tells a coach that a top player like Gibbs is entering the portal, the coach gets back to the bama player and says bama would take him if he entered the portal, that bama player tells Gibbs that, bam he enters the portal.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.
Hard to blame them. Probably sold on playing under the lights in bobby dodd with a packed house.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
There’s some things that could happen soon that pushes Collins being fired. TStan and Collins are tied together and both are on very very thin and shaky ground.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
There’s some things that could happen soon that pushes Collins being fired. TStan and Collins are tied together and both are on very very thin and shaky ground.
Can you elaborate or is this information from a pay site? I imagine losing your top 5 or 10 current players is one. Losing 22' recruits is another. Losing Choice might be another.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

We get what we deserve when we do not support the team in the bad times. Players have to notice that.