Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

slugboy

Staff member
I just re-read the NCAA portal rules and there is nothing about a free transfer. There is a waiver process for extenuating circumstances to become eligible to play and not sit out after transferring. I think there was a "free" transfer year for the COVID year. You would think the NCAA site is up to date
There’s a one time transfer without a waiver

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well I haven't been excited at all to watch a single game this year after the loss to Northern Illinois. Basically only watched some games because I felt obligated to and didn't even care if we ended up winning (UNC). I'm sure the apathy runs through our players too.

It may suck for us but Gibbs made the right move for his career. We're an absolute **** show right now and for the foreseeable future. Gibbs is a potential 1st round pick.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not remotely shocked about these kids leaving. I said it once, and I wills say it again. Nobody likes playing for losing programs and a losing coach. Some of these kids have dreams of the NFL and they know being on this team isn't going to help them. I wish these kids the best of luck on them chasing their dreams. I apologize that the coaching staff failed to highlight your abilities. Maybe we'll have better coaches that come in, that can do a better job for these young men.

I get the dislike for the coaching staff but going from memory, David Lutz played when I was at Tech. He was a multiyear starter and team captain on a team that won (I think) a dozen games in 4 years. He played 13 years as a starter for Kansas City. It is a common misconception that you have to play at Bama or USC or Ohio State to play in the pros. Gibbs will be making a living whether he stayed or went.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to Jah. Completely different circumstances but I'm reminded of Russell Wilson. He will have greater opportunity to pursue the career he wants elsewhere. It's sad to say, but that's the way it is.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
This is just awful news. How will CGC respond to this?

"I remember when I used to be the head coach at Georgia Teach and now I'm slinging hash browns and scrambled eggs as a line cook.....with $20 million in the bank!!!!" - G. Collins. Waffle House Unit No. 404.

DyuNrjSX4AIDIkX.jpg

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Earlier in the season, Gibbs was openly showing frustration on the field. I mentioned this in several post game writeups.

I had a feeling this might be his last season here if we didn't have a good season.
I noticed his body language more than any other player. I think during the Miami game, he just looked checked out. Blank. No emotion. Bored.

I can’t say I didn’t see this coming and I can’t say I blame the kid.

You gotta suspect with our top player leaving, others will follow…

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the most frustrating parts of this is that Gibbs isn’t even waiting to find out who the new offensive coordinator is. I suppose it’s possible whoever that is could try to convince Gibbs to come back to Tech, but it would seem highly unlikely that will happen.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't blame Gibbs for leaving. I think some of the fans are unrealistic with their expectations about player's commitment to the program. Here we are with 273 pages of Fire Geoff Collins thread b/c we're so sick of Collins... the players are bound to have the same feelings. They want off this ship much like how we want Collins gone. It sucks that we can't herald him as a GT guy like we do with Calvin and Bay Bay... Oh well, I wish him great success wherever he lands.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I get the dislike for the coaching staff but going from memory, David Lutz played when I was at Tech. He was a multiyear starter and team captain on a team that won (I think) a dozen games in 4 years. He played 13 years as a starter for Kansas City. It is a common misconception that you have to play at Bama or USC or Ohio State to play in the pros. Gibbs will be making a living whether he stayed or went.
It’s true you can make it in the NFL and have a successful career from anywhere, but it’s also a lot more fun to win. If we made a bowl this year Gibbs probably stays, but we didn’t and he’s gone

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
See ya CGC. Anyone realistically not believe he's dead man walking now ? I wouldn't close the book on him being let go before next year. We are well past that inflection point now. He's destroying value Every. Single. Day. So sad that we let it get to this point.
No sir. You got it wrong. He’s continuing to build, continuing to grow, continuing to develop, all Of Those THINGSSS…

You just don’t wanna see it.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
See ya CGC. Anyone realistically not believe he's dead man walking now ? I wouldn't close the book on him being let go before next year. We are well past that inflection point now. He's destroying value Every. Single. Day. So sad that we let it get to this point.
Just we're on the same page... you think axing CGC yesterday would have kept Gibbs here?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Huge loss for CGC. And to be clear, this falls on the staff. But we are also to blame. If we had a decently packed BDS cheering GT on, we have a chance at keeping momentum. But we are asking players to believe in the mission when we as fans don’t.