Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Jmonty71

Banned
Watch , someone like UGA pick up Gibbs...that would hurt bad
I think Gibbs will end up in a run first type high scoring offense. Like Ole Miss, Texas A&M or maybe even Florida Gators... I don't think UGA is a good fit. He could go to Ohio State, if he wanted to get up north. I foresee PLENTY of schools in the bidding...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs has been a great running back behind a below average line, and a great receiving RB with below average QB play. Imagine Gibbs playing for a team with that has a good OL and QB. THAT is what he's in the transfer portal for. This was a business decision for Gibbs and he's 100% entitled to it, and IMO, is making the right move for his career and family. A RB's shelf life is very short. He needs to do what's best for him.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Nope. But it's the final sign that you need to go ahead and do what should have already been done. What else do you need to see ? More Juice ?
Maybe you're right. Maybe it changes things for the decision makers. I personally think Gibbs was gone if we didn't make a bowl game this year.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
As much as this hurts, remember that without CGC & staff, he doesn't come here to begin with. As a former athlete and coach, I know when a player leaves or gets hurt or whatever, it's next man up. No one on staff or on the team is losing sleep that He's gone. Like the coaching dismissals yesterday, this is just part of the business. The RB room is our deepest position and we will recover. I wish Gibby well and hope he can succeed wherever he goes. I hope that place will allow him a full season injury free, something we never saw from him. Hope he hears his name called in April 2023 and produces over and beyond what he has done here.

And if he goes to a team (UT) that plays uga, may he help beat their puppy a$$e$!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I have played this in my head the last few days. Gibbs telling Choice that he's thinking about leaving but don't know what to do. Asks Choice what he should do. And Choice says, "Of course for the program, I want you to stay. But you gotta do what's best for you and I can't make that decision for you" or something like that:)

Today when a co-worker told me he just put in his 2 week notice. He's among the best we have and after he leaves, we'll all feel it pretty big (brain drain, his work coming our way, etc). I didn't even try to stop him b/c I knew his decision was was best for him.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll preface this by saying that I hate to see Gibbs leave. He was my son's favorite player. Ran into him (and Sims) out front of the stadium with his family after the VT game. Didn't speak to him but he was star-struck.

That being said, I do find it at least uncomfortable that ours season ticket holders get called out by at least one player for abandoning the team (tweets liked and shared by others) by selling their tickets to the game this past weekend only to have the best player leave two days later because according to KQ's tweet "the losses were too much for him."

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Every team in the country gonna be after J. Gibbs. And one lucky college is going to be fortunate enough to get him. Wasted opportunity! He’ll go on to do Greater! Shoot he may even end up in Florida! Will this be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and force T. Stan to rethink things?

Last edited: