Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, all these posters who have suddenly become outraged and shocked just sort of infuriate me. This stuff has been happening for decades. And all these posters who are shocked didn‘t pay it any attention and just pretended college football was pure. As a matter of fact, guys like me who pointed it out were mocked and told “it’s not a issue” or “it’s only a couple of players”. Now that it is out in the open everyone is clutching pearls. College football has been and continues to be a joke regarding rules, yet now we are suppose to be enraged? I enjoy college football the same as I did decades ago because I’ve long ago accepted the hypocrisy. I don’t like it but no one else seemed to be too upset about the small schools getting crushed by the NCAA while the big boys out right cheat. GT had a title stripped because of clothing yet Auburn buys a Natty with Cam and crickets from the NCAA. And the pay systems Saban, Dabo, Kirby, Venables, Riley have in place would make Al Capone jealous and make Elliott Ness work overtime.

In my view the best part of this current “crisis” is that maybe the fans have finally seen what I’ve seen for decades regarding the NCAA and maybe this will finally lead to the death of the NCAA.
Conferences in duress, Coach buyouts, NIL & the PORTAL with no control or rules…it’s far more impactful then we have seen and where it’s going is yet to be determined…

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Conferences in duress, Coach buyouts, NIL & the PORTAL with no control or rules…it’s far more impactful then we have seen and where it’s going is yet to be determined…
So conferences haven’t been in duress before? Ever heard of the Southwest or BIG East? Coach buyouts? I may be mistaken but I could have sworn coaches have been changing jobs for a long time. I think John Heisman himself changed jobs about 5-6 times. NIL? Sure, it’s new but the concept isn’t. Herschel got a car as part of his NIL deal in 1980 - and I don’t remember the NCAA stripping their title and his Heisman. Portal? I think we got Tashard Choice and many others thru transfers, but maybe I dreamt that. No control or rules? Do you remember guys like Schnellenberger, Johnson, and Switzer? Those guys laughed at the NCAA rule book. How many Hurricane titles were win with rapper money and strip club glitz? And I don’t remember the NCAA coming down on them. Just like Dooley, Spurrier, Carroll, Paterno, Hayes, and every ND coach did. But, I do remember the NCAA taking out SMU because they had the audacity to build a program and compete with the big boys.

Welcome to reality - finally.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
So conferences haven’t been in duress before? Ever heard of the Southwest or BIG East? Coach buyouts? I may be mistaken but I could have sworn coaches have been changing jobs for a long time. I think John Heisman himself changed jobs about 5-6 times. NIL? Sure, it’s new but the concept isn’t. Herschel got a car as part of his NIL deal in 1980 - and I don’t remember the NCAA stripping their title and his Heisman. Portal? I think we got Tashard Choice and many others thru transfers, but maybe I dreamt that. No control or rules? Do you remember guys like Schnellenberger, Johnson, and Switzer? Those guys laughed at the NCAA rule book. How many Hurricane titles were win with rapper money and strip club glitz? And I don’t remember the NCAA coming down on them. Just like Dooley, Spurrier, Carroll, Paterno, Hayes, and every ND coach did. But, I do remember the NCAA taking out SMU because they had the audacity to build a program and compete with the big boys.

?
Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC, ND coach to LSU, Okla Coach to USC, Brice Young $1million $ NIL, JG to Bama, CW to USC. Oddly accomplished with full disclosure, shamelessly and unabashedly…the wild west

JacketFan137

Banned
Yeah, all these posters who have suddenly become outraged and shocked just sort of infuriate me. This stuff has been happening for decades. And all these posters who are shocked didn‘t pay it any attention and just pretended college football was pure. As a matter of fact, guys like me who pointed it out were mocked and told “it’s not a issue” or “it’s only a couple of players”. Now that it is out in the open everyone is clutching pearls. College football has been and continues to be a joke regarding rules, yet now we are suppose to be enraged? I enjoy college football the same as I did decades ago because I’ve long ago accepted the hypocrisy. I don’t like it but no one else seemed to be too upset about the small schools getting crushed by the NCAA while the big boys out right cheat. GT had a title stripped because of clothing yet Auburn buys a Natty with Cam and crickets from the NCAA. And the pay systems Saban, Dabo, Kirby, Venables, Riley have in place would make Al Capone jealous and make Elliott Ness work overtime.

In my view the best part of this current “crisis” is that maybe the fans have finally seen what I’ve seen for decades regarding the NCAA and maybe this will finally lead to the death of the NCAA.
college football has long been about either toeing the line of legality, or crossing that line and covering your behind while you do it. all the factories have had the lawyers/accountants/whoever to make sure they aren’t getting caught. if you believe cheating and paying players hasn’t been going on then i have some beach front property in midtown to sell you

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
college football has long been about either toeing the line of legality, or crossing that line and covering your behind while you do it. all the factories have had the lawyers/accountants/whoever to make sure they aren’t getting caught. if you believe cheating and paying players hasn’t been going on then i have some beach front property in midtown to sell you
Agreed...

So instead of the NCAA and College Presidents reacting and stopping the improprieties they are ignoring them and are now oddly almost heralding the new freedoms (chaos - limited rules) that ensue....

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed...

So instead of the NCAA and College Presidents reacting and stopping the improprieties they are ignoring them and are now oddly almost heralding the new freedoms (chaos - limited rules) that ensue....
That’s where you are wrong with the word “now”. The NCAA has ALWAYS been a corrupt mafia run organization. And the College Presidents we’re just playing their part to keep the scheme going. The big boys could get away with anything - Notre Dame, Bama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. all have been the protected class for decades so they of course loved the NCAA. You know why a school like Notre Dame has the historical reputation it has as far as winning and being clean? Because they have been protected so their dirt has never come to light. Meanwhile, the schools outside the protected class gets the NCAA treatment, like SMU. I am thrilled to see the NCAA finally unmasked.

JacketFan137

Banned
That’s where you are wrong with the word “now”. The NCAA has ALWAYS been a corrupt mafia run organization. And the College Presidents we’re just playing their part to keep the scheme going. The big boys could get away with anything - Notre Dame, Bama, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. all have been the protected class for decades so they of course loved the NCAA. You know why a school like Notre Dame has the historical reputation it has as far as winning and being clean? Because they have been protected so their dirt has never come to light. Meanwhile, the schools outside the protected class gets the NCAA treatment, like SMU. I am thrilled to see the NCAA finally unmasked.
lou holtz got in trouble at literally every place he coached except notre dame. he was as dirty as they come but i guess notre dame cleaned his act up! lol yeah right. like you said the cover up was there. he got caught giving players roids in the locker room in the 80s/90s and notre dame was allowed to “handle it internally”. tech lost an acc championship for demaryius selling a jersey for pocket change lol

if you’re making money for the ncaa they will turn a blind eye to anything. unc’ as scandal going unpunished was basically the nail in the coffin for the illusion of true COLLEGE sports. can’t hurt them though cause unc basketball is a cash cow.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

You can throw Calipari and Pearl in there. Look where Pearl has his team now. Cheating obviously has some benefits because the NCAA had no back bone for enforcement.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
lou holtz got in trouble at literally every place he coached except notre dame. he was as dirty as they come but i guess notre dame cleaned his act up! lol yeah right. like you said the cover up was there. he got caught giving players roids in the locker room in the 80s/90s and notre dame was allowed to “handle it internally”. tech lost an acc championship for demaryius selling a jersey for pocket change lol

if you’re making money for the ncaa they will turn a blind eye to anything. unc’ as scandal going unpunished was basically the nail in the coffin for the illusion of true COLLEGE sports. can’t hurt them though cause unc basketball is a cash cow.
DT actually got about $312 worth of clothing from the cousin of one of his teammates (a former Tech player, Calvin Booker, who was a runner for an agent). Had Calvin not been a runner at the time, there would have been no rules violation. The NCAA got butt-hurt because we didn't rule DT ineligible before the games and let the NCAA give him back his eligibility. DT gave the clothing back and the staff thought it was done, no impermissible benefits, no preferential treatment. They futher got butt-hurt because Radakovich told CPJ that DT and Morgan Burnett were going to be interviewed, claiming it hindered the investigation because Burnett repeatedly and consistently denied receiving anything clothing. They just didn't believe him and thought he was tampered with. This was the biggest farce and travesty of justice I've ever seen the NCAA hand down. Absolutely ridiculous.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
DT actually got about $312 worth of clothing from the cousin of one of his teammates (a former Tech player, Calvin Booker, who was a runner for an agent). Had Calvin not been a runner at the time, there would have been no rules violation. The NCAA got butt-hurt because we didn't rule DT ineligible before the games and let the NCAA give him back his eligibility. DT gave the clothing back and the staff thought it was done, no impermissible benefits, no preferential treatment. They futher got butt-hurt because Radakovich told CPJ that DT and Morgan Burnett were going to be interviewed, claiming it hindered the investigation because Burnett repeatedly and consistently denied receiving anything clothing. They just didn't believe him and thought he was tampered with. This was the biggest farce and travesty of justice I've ever seen the NCAA hand down. Absolutely ridiculous.
And while this was going on there were credible bagmen stories being written about a couple of national top five programs.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is all why I’ve hated the NCAA since I was about 10 years old. It all started when a young, naive kid couldn’t understand why every sport has a playoff yet I’m watching UGA crowned the National Champ in 1980 by beating a team ranked #7. Then I get to GT as a student and see D1 athletes I’m sitting next to and doing class projects with who had the academic acumen of an 8th grader. But hey, at least we won a Natty and went to the Final Four. Then all the corruption year after year that the NCAA just watched.

I do not blame any player or coach at all. They are taking advantage of a system with zero enforcement. That’s why I lay all blame at the feet of the NCAA. Saban is freaking smart and does what he can get away with just like all these big boy programs. If you heard the Rush Probst tape you heard straight from their mouths. How much money do you think that dude made over the years stearing players? I’m in south Georgia and everything Probst said was accurate. Every big boy team has their bagmen in every town from Valdosta to Tifton, Albany, Bainbridge, Moultrie, etc. And the bidding has been insane for years. You think Willis flipped because he has a passion for Ole Miss? Come on. Everyone down here knows why he flipped and it wasn’t because Collins sucks.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This is all why I’ve hated the NCAA since I was about 10 years old. It all started when a young, naive kid couldn’t understand why every sport has a playoff yet I’m watching UGA crowned the National Champ in 1980 by beating a team ranked #7. Then I get to GT as a student and see D1 athletes I’m sitting next to and doing class projects with who had the academic acumen of an 8th grader. But hey, at least we won a Natty and went to the Final Four. Then all the corruption year after year that the NCAA just watched.

I do not blame any player or coach at all. They are taking advantage of a system with zero enforcement. That’s why I lay all blame at the feet of the NCAA. Saban is freaking smart and does what he can get away with just like all these big boy programs. If you heard the Rush Probst tape you heard straight from their mouths. How much money do you think that dude made over the years stearing players? I’m in south Georgia and everything Probst said was accurate. Every big boy team has their bagmen in every town from Valdosta to Tifton, Albany, Bainbridge, Moultrie, etc. And the bidding has been insane for years. You think Willis flipped because he has a passion for Ole Miss? Come on. Everyone down here knows why he flipped and it wasn’t because Collins sucks.
An old cohort once had a saying: “The only thing a coach likes better than building character is winning.”

Now it is out in the open.