Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...the transfer portal may end up being a boon for "secondary tier" schools like Ole Miss. Hot rumor floating on the internet is our very own Jared Ivey will be heading there as well:

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I dunno if it’s just because it’s Ole Miss, or Lane Kiffin, or the nature of how recruits/transfers are flocking to Oxford in droves…but this REEKS! Surely Kiffin’ and crew got their bases covered right?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I dunno if it’s just because it’s Ole Miss, or Lane Kiffin, or the nature of how recruits/transfers are flocking to Oxford in droves…but this REEKS! Surely Kiffin’ and crew got their bases covered right?
Really I don’t think it seems that dirty at all. Even if it were it’s not like there’s going to be any sort of repercussions. But I’m sure Coleman had let guys know he may be on the way out, and Ivey threw some feelers out there. Ole Miss seems like they’re on the come up, but they aren’t loaded with 4 and 5 star talent like Bama and UGA are. The destination works and the timing with Coleman’s departure makes sense. Seems like an open and shut case to me.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Really I don’t think it seems that dirty at all. Even if it were it’s not like there’s going to be any sort of repercussions. But I’m sure Coleman had let guys know he may be on the way out, and Ivey threw some feelers out there. Ole Miss seems like they’re on the come up, but they aren’t loaded with 4 and 5 star talent like Bama and UGA are. The destination works and the timing with Coleman’s departure makes sense. Seems like an open and shut case to me.
Still bothers me seeing a SA in head coaches Lamborghini…and signing days later…call me a dinasaur but…

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Still bothers me seeing a SA in head coaches Lamborghini…and signing days later…call me a dinasaur but…
Do you not remember when we literally parked a Lamborghini on the field and had players and coaches sitting in it together and having their photos taken? It’s just part of the deal. Ivey went on a recruiting visit. They’re supposed to try to woo him

There were definitely other instances of things like this with different vehicles and coaches taking pics with players on the field. It really isn’t damning at all
What other student can enroll two weeks after classes start?
Well considering the last day for students to register for or add classes at Ole Miss is today, I assume anybody and everybody who was accepted into the school could have enrolled today? Do you even know if Ivey is confirmed enrolled already anyway?

Last edited:

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you not remember when we literally parked a Lamborghini on the field and had players and coaches sitting in it together and having their photos taken? It’s just part of the deal. Ivey went on a recruiting visit. They’re supposed to try to woo him

There were definitely other instances of things like this with different vehicles and coaches taking pics with players on the field. It really isn’t damning at all

Well considering the last day for students to register for or add classes at Ole Miss is today, I assume anybody and everybody who was accepted into the school could have enrolled today? Do you even know if Ivey is confirmed enrolled already anyway?

Agreed, begrudgingly as the new normal…but if things get too far afield I’ll be moving on from my interests in college football…

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Time for my periodic Lombardi quote: “Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.” And, not surprisingly, it is also the only thing that will keep many fans engaged.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Time for my periodic Lombardi quote: “Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.” And, not surprisingly, it is also the only thing that will keep many fans engaged.
You are spot on!
But
Money for coaches and players isn't everything, buts its damn near everything.
And not surprisingly when we millionaires donate at the back of the pack we find we are winning at the back of the pack.

Do we have a great coaching staff? Gt grads are top shelf in all walks of life and generally are paid that way. Why do we who get the highest pay while working in the trenches accept cost savings on position and oc salaries.

If we pay them with performance bonuses they will come.

Last edited:

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It's rolling downhill already...picking up speed...
Yeah, all these posters who have suddenly become outraged and shocked just sort of infuriate me. This stuff has been happening for decades. And all these posters who are shocked didn‘t pay it any attention and just pretended college football was pure. As a matter of fact, guys like me who pointed it out were mocked and told “it’s not a issue” or “it’s only a couple of players”. Now that it is out in the open everyone is clutching pearls. College football has been and continues to be a joke regarding rules, yet now we are suppose to be enraged? I enjoy college football the same as I did decades ago because I’ve long ago accepted the hypocrisy. I don’t like it but no one else seemed to be too upset about the small schools getting crushed by the NCAA while the big boys out right cheat. GT had a title stripped because of clothing yet Auburn buys a Natty with Cam and crickets from the NCAA. And the pay systems Saban, Dabo, Kirby, Venables, Riley have in place would make Al Capone jealous and make Elliott Ness work overtime.

In my view the best part of this current “crisis” is that maybe the fans have finally seen what I’ve seen for decades regarding the NCAA and maybe this will finally lead to the death of the NCAA.