Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Juanyeh ran a 4.55 at the combine and Tariq ran a 4.52 at the Pro Day. Those are good times for safeties. Imo, it was was false steps and miscommunication that made it look like lack of speed/talent.
Thanks for the info

In UVA game I saw Juanyeh give so much ground he could not stop the qb from racing to the pylon from the 30 yd line.

I

Last edited:

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The portal is one of the best things to happen for GT football in a long time (and many other schools who lack the normal recruiting ability). We have added way better players via the portal than we have lost. It’s not even close. Collins gets an A for his portal work.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’d still like to add another OL and DL with some high level experience. Another LB would be good insurance as well. Overall I think the staff has done well in the portal and the roster is as talented on paper as we’ve had in some time.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The portal is one of the best things to happen for GT football in a long time (and many other schools who lack the normal recruiting ability). We have added way better players via the portal than we have lost. It’s not even close. Collins gets an A for his portal work.
Eh. I like a lot of the guys we have brought in but that is a major stretch. We need some of these formerly highly rated but couldn’t get playing time at their previous school guys to start living up to their HS rankings.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Eh. I like a lot of the guys we have brought in but that is a major stretch. We need some of these formerly highly rated but couldn’t get playing time at their previous school guys to start living up to their HS rankings.
We also need the guys we recruited to start living up to their high school rankings. Listen, we’ve gone 3-9 thrice with guys on the roster recruited from high school. So bringing in disgruntled 4 stars is a bad option. Other than Gibbs, it’s not like our own recruited guys were getting it done. Collins is doing a great job via the portal and the portal will be our best friend because no 4 stars will be coming here straight out of high school after multiple 3-9’s. The portal gives us a chance to turn that around. We just gotta get to some 7-5’s or 8-4’s.

JacketFan137

Banned
We also need the guys we recruited to start living up to their high school rankings. Listen, we’ve gone 3-9 thrice with guys on the roster recruited from high school. So bringing in disgruntled 4 stars is a bad option. Other than Gibbs, it’s not like our own recruited guys were getting it done. Collins is doing a great job via the portal and the portal will be our best friend because no 4 stars will be coming here straight out of high school after multiple 3-9’s. The portal gives us a chance to turn that around. We just gotta get to some 7-5’s or 8-4’s.
to say our own recruited guys aren’t getting it done kind of ignores the fact that collins guys have been in the program only 2 years. even though they are ranked higher than some guys coming in, a 4th/5th/6th year player (due to covid rules) is probably bigger, faster, stronger and they have experience. immediate impact freshman/sophomores are rare. now that they are 3rd year guys we should hopefully see some major improvement

CEB

Helluva Engineer
to say our own recruited guys aren’t getting it done kind of ignores the fact that collins guys have been in the program only 2 years. even though they are ranked higher than some guys coming in, a 4th/5th/6th year player (due to covid rules) is probably bigger, faster, stronger and they have experience. immediate impact freshman/sophomores are rare. now that they are 3rd year guys we should hopefully see some major improvement
I hope you’re right. Stated another way...
Water under the bridge, past results don’t do tact future performance, yada, yada...
If we’re really building something here, 2022= no excuses.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I hope you’re right. Stated another way...
Water under the bridge, past results don’t do tact future performance, yada, yada...
If we’re really building something here, 2022= no excuses.
The post-game press conferences should be more revealing this year. Faced with the likely conclusion that TStan can’t save him with a dismal record in 2022, if Collins resorts to his usual “elite” play, “getting better every day” “touchy-freely” coaching style BS after losses, I think he is a dead man walking. However, if he acts like a real head coach this year, if he accepts responsibility and demands his players improve, man-up and get after it like he knows they can and should, he may demonstrate enough leadership to TStan and the Tech faithful to buy himself another year with just a marginally-improved record, though still shy of current expectations.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The post-game press conferences should be more revealing this year. Faced with the likely conclusion that TStan can’t save him with a dismal record in 2022, if Collins resorts to his usual “elite” play, “getting better every day” “touchy-freely” coaching style BS after losses, I think he is a dead man walking. However, if he acts like a real head coach this year, if he accepts responsibility and demands his players improve, man-up and get after it like he knows they can and should, he may demonstrate enough leadership to TStan and the Tech faithful to buy himself another year with just a marginally-improved record, though still shy of current expectations.

Will this is a load of nonsense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
people here don’t watch college football. they think what collins says in these press conferences is unique to him. it’s such a stupid narrative argument. all coaches say the same kinda stuff for the most part

Don't try to make sense of 'les miserables'. They'll take anything and turn it into criticism of the coach they don't like. Doesn't even matter what coach it is.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
And if pigs fly.......
Actually I don't even blame CGC anymore. This disaster rests fully on those who decided- without much evidence, IMO- that he deserved a shot at a P5 conference job.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
people here don’t watch college football. they think what collins says in these press conferences is unique to him. it’s such a stupid narrative argument. all coaches say the same kinda stuff for the most part

That's not even what I was talking about. I was talking about pretending like the group that criticizes him for his jeans and hair are going to suddenly give him any grace because he starts talking different in press conferences.

He could go 7-5 and that same group will want him run out of town no matter what he says in press conferences.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
That's not even what I was talking about. I was talking about pretending like the group that criticizes him for his jeans and hair are going to suddenly give him any grace because he starts talking different in press conferences.

He could go 7-5 and that same group will want him run out of town no matter what he says in press conferences.
I really don't care about the press conferences. I cringe when I watch them, but if he goes 7-5 this year, I will GLADLY change my perception of him. But, I ain't holdin' my breath on that....

Last edited:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Don't try to make sense of 'les miserables'. They'll take anything and turn it into criticism of the coach they don't like. Doesn't even matter what coach it is.
Win 3 games a year for three straight years and yeah, the fanbase might turn on you a bit. That's the reality of the profession. He gets paid alot to deal with that nonsense. Frankly, he is lucky he is doing it here. We are a tame group. He can still go to Waffle House and have a comfortable meal. Win 9 games in three years at some other programs and that isn't going to be the case.