Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

JacketFan137

Banned
Donors also need to let TStan do his job and not lobbying for certain guys...unless that certain guy is someone like Lincoln Riley/Nick Saban. :)
i have a feeling t stans fate is heavily linked with collins since he decided to bring him back. it might not be t stans decision

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Instead of losing to Mississippi State we would have to lose to The Citadel...oops, been there, done that.
That's kind of disingenuous because that was in 2019, the first year of this coaching staff. It's absolutely not acceptable to lose to The Citadel, EVER, but to keep bringing that up 3-4 years after it happened like it was last year. The only way he leaves mid-season is if he loses the locker room like happened in 1994.

JacketFan137

Banned

How many d linemen do we have left?

bringing up the uncertainty thing again just seems suspicious to me. not really a word you see people use, especially young guys. this reaks a little bit of some tampering by some other coach to me. must have been planting some seeds prior to him entering the portal

this loss is nothing spectacular though. 9 total tackles this season. i have a feeling that this is another case of a guy being told he was in a competition for his spot.

also i wish these kids understood taking pot shots about an organization you’re leaving whether as a student athlete or an adult in your career is just not a good idea. no sense in burning a bridge and collins has shown with griffin a player can return from the portal

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
there is money available but i personally think it would be better to wait until the end of the season comes and save that money to actually hire a quality coach rather than repeat this process after we hire another less than stellar coaching choice

I think its a good idea to let all the new NIL money setlle out a little. We don't have the base to fund a team like Alabama or Ohio State does so we need to let the money situation work itself out for a little bit.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
bringing up the uncertainty thing again just seems suspicious to me. not really a word you see people use, especially young guys. this reaks a little bit of some tampering by some other coach to me. must have been planting some seeds prior to him entering the portal

this loss is nothing spectacular though. 9 total tackles this season. i have a feeling that this is another case of a guy being told he was in a competition for his spot.

also i wish these kids understood taking pot shots about an organization you’re leaving whether as a student athlete or an adult in your career is just not a good idea. no sense in burning a bridge and collins has shown with griffin a player can return from the portal

Or he wasn't sure how to verbalize his exit and just copied a teammate...or ex teammate. I wouldn't read too much into it, I mean, it's REALLY obvious that CGC and the staff are fighting for their jobs next season.

JacketFan137

Banned
Or he wasn't sure how to verbalize his exit and just copied a teammate...or ex teammate. I wouldn't read too much into it, I mean, it's REALLY obvious that CGC and the staff are fighting for their jobs next season.
i guess that’s true. idk just seems really weird especially since they’re the only two we’ve seen say something and it’s come so late into the process. feel like if that was the ACTUAL reason they’re leaving they could have seen that writing on the wall in december. not exactly new information here lol

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Did he totally plagiarize his “thank you / departure” tweet? I thought I was reading the tweet from yesterday and then realized it’s a different guy. Maybe we have a form letter available for these guys at this point? Is this part of the Crash Davis school of dealing with the press?

JacketFan137

Banned
Did he totally plagiarize his “thank you / departure” tweet? I thought I was reading the tweet from yesterday and then realized it’s a different guy. Maybe we have a form letter available for these guys at this point? Is this part of the Crash Davis school of dealing with the press?
that’s what i’m saying lol

im one of the youngest people on this forum (based on the fact people on here vividly remember games from the 70s and 80s.) i’m not too far removed from college myself. i know how kids talk and this just seems odd to me but whatever. next man up

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Unless it is linked in the threads, I am not a purveyor of Twitter, but ultimately there are so many variables at play I don't put weight in the outbound opinion. Program turmoil, player wants, competition, etc.... OPD, other people's drama. You play with what you have, always.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He had a lot of PT. Odd to wait to the start of spring practice to bail. Maybe just wants a break from football and can finish this semester. There is probably not just one thing affecting his decision. Sorry to lose a guy with his size and experience. May want to get a head start in his next stop and figures there is a good chance of whole sale changes here next year.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
that’s what i’m saying lol

im one of the youngest people on this forum (based on the fact people on here vividly remember games from the 70s and 80s.) i’m not too far removed from college myself. i know how kids talk and this just seems odd to me but whatever. next man up
I don’t know the demographics of this board, but I suspect I’m mid range to younger... my Tech experience was the “glory” that was the mid 90s. I’m hoping for two things:
1. My son is able to start Tech next year
2. He gets to see a lot better football than I did

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Unless it is linked in the threads, I am not a purveyor of Twitter, but ultimately there are so many variables at play I don't put weight in the outbound opinion. Program turmoil, player wants, competition, etc.... OPD, other people's drama. You play with what you have, always.
I agree... I won’t dismiss what is said by anyone close to the program but I also don’t put much stock in opinion of outgoing people. That said, Seeing this cut same sentiment twice in as many days could mean a number of things ranging from harbinger of big trouble to lazy musings of a young man looking toward greener pastures and a non-issue.

If terms like “uncertainty” are being thrown around enough that he accepts it as general sentiment and didn’t feel the need to edit it out, that’s not a good sign.

Edit to clarify..
I know we’re all keyed into the “uncertainty” comment because we’re concerned about a bigger underlying issue but this tweet has same language throughout... part of something bigger, 3 years eligibility, etc.
I think this just reeks of “checking the box.” Nothing to see.

Last edited:

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
There are strong indications we are about to lose another big player to the portal. (Big potential, not a lot of PT so far)

I don't have confirmation of this, but indications are that the locker room is close to critical mass right now. Could be new staff settling in and making some waves, or could be total meltdown in progress. Nothing to do but wait and see how this plays out.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Could be new staff settling in and making some waves, or could be total meltdown in progress. Nothing to do but wait and see how this plays out.
I thought this the other day.... I am so hopeful that the new staff is laying down the law and a bunch of these guys are looking around thinking it’s not what they signed up for. Problem is, even if this is all a step in the right direction, with all of this attrition it feels like we’re still in the early stages of rebuild. I don’t think anyone has the patience for that in year 4...

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

Wait....Jamious again??!?! Ok I guess

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office