Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Players we are in the top 2 for on the On3 Portal 12/13. This includes players that have already committed to us.

There are a lot of Bulldogs in that list. If you can beatem...joinem. ;)

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t realize he’s a freshman too, we’ve got some good talent coming up on the O-line after our last few classes

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I kinda hope we get Mews. He looked explosive on punt returns this year for uGA. Would be a solid back up to Rutherford/Singleton with a similar skill set to those guys.

Seeing what we've done in our 1st season with Faulkner at OC, something tells me we'll be a popular destination for guys on the offensive side of the ball. Provided King stays healthy, next season is setting up for our skill guys to pile up some numbers.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
We are coming into an interesting situation where not a lot of people are leaving. (>20 graduating, 5 in the portal currently) but we have a ton of players coming in with the 2024 class and us being active on the transfer portal. The spots on the roster will become a premium… will be interesting to see how the coaches handle this.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How many spots do we have available for HS recruits and portal transfers this cycle?

No one knows except for maybe the coaches. Based on numbers it feels like we are already over the 85 scholarship limit. But there could be more heading out not announced yet. It seems we are still in for a few 2024 recruits so it seems like we are also not done either. And I’m sure we are going for more transfer portal people.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We are coming into an interesting situation where not a lot of people are leaving. (>20 graduating, 5 in the portal currently) but we have a ton of players coming in with the 2024 class and us being active on the transfer portal. The spots on the roster will become a premium… will be interesting to see how the coaches handle this.
I love that we seem to be adding key pieces in the portal and traditional HS recruiting, while returning most of the key pieces we had this year. But I hate that it’s going to lead to guys who want to be here getting pushed out. Most of them will be better off stepping away from football entirely but retaining their GT scholarship and finishing their degree here. Don’t transfer to some lowly G5 or FCS program where the chances of going pro are even lower and end up with some garbage degree.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I feel sure that more will announce after the bowl and after the spring game

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I love that we seem to be adding key pieces in the portal and traditional HS recruiting, while returning most of the key pieces we had this year. But I hate that it’s going to lead to guys who want to be here getting pushed out. Most of them will be better off stepping away from football entirely but retaining their GT scholarship and finishing their degree here. Don’t transfer to some lowly G5 or FCS program where the chances of going pro are even lower and end up with some garbage degree.
I don’t think we are the kind of program under Key that will make a kid leave if he wants to stay. Obviously they will be told if you want to play then you need to think about going somewhere else…

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
On3 seems to be more up-to-date than the 247 portal. I noticed a lot of the G-5 schools only have a fraction of their portal players updated on 247. Not sure why that is the case
Thanks! I see that he played a lot of tight end in high school. Very interesting!

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Seeing what we've done in our 1st season with Faulkner at OC, something tells me we'll be a popular destination for guys on the offensive side of the ball. Provided King stays healthy, next season is setting up for our skill guys to pile up some numbers.
This + Faulkner has an in (at least for a little while) with some of those uGA boys who are gonna be sitting on a bench for the next 2-3 years. We should be a favorite spot for those guys to land if we play it right

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Does the "official" number of Athletic scholarships really matter anymore these days?

Could we not have 120 guys, 85 on Athletic scholarship, and the other 35 on full scholarships (+ additional perks) funded via the millions from the Competitive Drive and the Athletic Scholarship Fund?