Todd Gurley SUSPENDED

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
The guy on SB Nation is getting an incredible amount of venom, but this is incredible.

Hahaha this just sad and funny. Hearing callers on Bill Shanks show wanting dwagz to play him. Gonna lose without him any way so to hell with vacating wins is their reasoning. Dwag fan base has set up a vigil for Gurley. These people need help.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hahaha this just sad and funny. Hearing callers on Bill Shanks show wanting dwagz to play him. Gonna lose without him any way so to hell with vacating wins is their reasoning. Dwag fan base has set up a vigil for Gurley. These people need help.
You know how many teams out there would feel their chances of winning would be greatly improved if they had Nick Chubb as their RB yet UGA fans think it’s an automatic loss?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
From the ESPN article:

"He has been paid thousands of dollars for his stuff over the last 18 months," Allen wrote in the email. "I personally paid him for the signing on the video. I have bought and sold game used equipment from him."

Wonder if anything will be applied retroactively for last year as he was committing violations then.
General Question: How does a team or GT for our sake account for the individual items/equipment/gloves/jerseys/school issued merchandise to actually know what individual players are doing with their stuff? Is it supposed to be turned in to be destroyed when it is rendered useless ? Is it especially marked not for resell? I am just curious. Obviously all the merchandise with the Gurley incident was probably mostly privately purchased and then he signed it and received $$$$ ( is acussed). If indeed the "used" items that were sold technically belonged to the school could UGA sue him for stealing their property and reselling and those who bought it lose possession of it at a least since it is stolen property? Just a thought. If they did this perhaps it would deter future
Cases. How does GT watch their high profile players?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This vigil?

thwgjacket

It's hilarious that the UGA fans miss the entire point. Gurley was done in by Gurley. The fans and talking heads can whine all they want to about how he's "poor" and was doing this for the money he "needed" but he's the best player at UGA and there is no chance he was in financial trouble. NONE. Dude got greedy and got caught. It really shows a lack of intelligence because he may have just cost himself a million to get a couple grand.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's hilarious that the UGA fans miss the entire point. Gurley was done in by Gurley. The fans and talking heads can whine all they want to about how he's "poor" and was doing this for the money he "needed" but he's the best player at UGA and there is no chance he was in financial trouble. NONE. Dude got greedy and got caught. It really shows a lack of intelligence because he may have just cost himself a million to get a couple grand.

Not a shot. He's probably making money by not playing any more games this season and risking injury. NFL won't blink at an autograph scandal. Now the claims of that kid claiming Gurley punched him or the occasional dirty bump mid-game? Those are red flags.

Dumb rule, but he did do it to himself. I'll gladly take the advantage of not facing that monster if he's done at UGA.

thwgjacket

Not a shot. He's probably making money by not playing any more games this season and risking injury. NFL won't blink at an autograph scandal. Now the claims of that kid claiming Gurley punched him or the occasional dirty bump mid-game? Those are red flags.

Dumb rule, but he did do it to himself. I'll gladly take the advantage of not facing that monster if he's done at UGA.
Only reason I think he cost himself money is because the NFL doesn't value RB's in the draft anymore. What he's done, if this ends his season, is give the scouts less time to evaluate him. The only evaluations they would have this year are of him against poor competition. In my mind, could definitely drop him out of the top 10-15 especially because he's not a combine guy who's going to blaze a 40.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The rule is dumb. I cant sign an autograph for people who want it and make money off myself, but the NCAA and school can? I know you guys all hate UGA but lets be reasonable. BTW im not one of these people that thinks players should be paid either. You wanna pay them? Fine, make them take out loans and pay for school. You can have one or the other. I went to college, worked during college, still paying for it. Grow up. And don't feed me the crap about not being able to buy a pizza. Flip over the couch cushions and call D-Mos. Its only 5.99.

That being said, its a well known rule, that was addressed in an incident very recently and this kid chose to go ahead anyways. Selfish. Just because
its a stupid rule doesn't mean you can just break it with impunity.