Todd Gurley SUSPENDED

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Gotta admit I am so flipping tired of the Nobody Can Accept Anything that I could scream! I hate this for TG, I hate it for college football and I hate for college athletes as a whole! I think it's long past time for the Power 5 to tell the ncaa where to go!
If they let kids make money off of merchandise, we will go in a huge downward spiral in recruiting. The big fan bases (sec, ND, Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, etc.) will run away with recruiting, players will guarantee to make big money while at the factories. If the NCAA was to allow this we will never be a threat to crack the top 25

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If they let kids make money off of merchandise, we will go in a huge downward spiral in recruiting. The big fan bases (sec, ND, Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, etc.) will run away with recruiting, players will guarantee to make big money while at the factories. If the NCAA was to allow this we will never be a threat to crack the top 25

I'm not talking about going back to the bad old days of the SWC but there has to be some sanity to this. College athletes are the only people in the U.S. prevented from profiting from their own likeness!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I'm not talking about going back to the bad old days of the SWC but there has to be some sanity to this. College athletes are the only people in the U.S. prevented from profiting from their own likeness!
They would have to figure out a way to make it fair for everyone. If Gurley were to have come to Tech he might have sold 10k jerseys while at uga im sure its close to 100k. Then recruits would be goin to school who pay the most money, and not because they like the school.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
They would have to figure out a way to make it fair for everyone. If Gurley were to have come to Tech he might have sold 10k jerseys while at uga im sure its close to 100k. Then recruits would be goin to school who pay the most money, and not because they like the school.

As I said, sanity needs to be brought into the issue :)

I will say that if TG had brought his talents to the Flats his jersey sales wouldn't have suffered that much! :D

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Tmz sports is now saying that there is a video of Gurley signing helmets and jerseys. He received $2K for the signatures. The video is being shopped around.

This has sleaze written all over it. I think he's done.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Simply put, the suspension will be short if there is no money trail. if there is a money trial linking him to the autographs, his college days could be done, IMO. People want to compare this to the Manziel situation, but I think this is different. 1. Manziel came from an extremely rich family so tracing his money was tough. 2. Since Manziel came from a rich family, they were able to hire one of the top layers who has had previous dealing with the NCAA to reach an agreement 3. all this was sorted out prior to the A&M season starting. Definitely interesting to see how this turns out.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You know what pisses me off? How f'ing lucky is Brendon Douglas that he is somehow the number 2 RB right now? Screw that guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You know what pisses me off? How f'ing lucky is Brendon Douglas that he is somehow the number 2 RB right now? Screw that guy.

The worst thing that can happen to that kid is to get more playing time. He'll be exposed and will quickly become the dawg fans' whipping boy.

"Gurley wouldnt've fumbled that." "Gurley would've took that to the house."

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The worst thing that can happen to that kid is to get more playing time. He'll be exposed and will quickly become the dawg fans' whipping boy.

"Gurley wouldnt've fumbled that." "Gurley would've took that to the house."
That's more likely to happen to Chubb since he's the one technically taking over for Gurley.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Turns out his name was misspelled on the memorabilia. Plus crayon washes off of jerseys easily...

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
So will they have to vacate their wins? My understanding is this has been going on since the off season. Also seems like a similar situation to BeBe. Unless we had to vacate those games because BeBe had declared for the draft and thus couldn't be suspended in upcoming games.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
So will they have to vacate their wins? My understanding is this has been going on since the off season. Also seems like a similar situation to BeBe. Unless we had to vacate those games because BeBe had declared for the draft and thus couldn't be suspended in upcoming games.

I may be wrong and someone can correct me, but I think the BeyBey situation was different bc dan knew and didn't tell cpj about it, so he still played, which p'oed the NCAA. I don't think the uga coaches new this week until after their game with vandy. If it can be proved that the uga coaches knew before the vandy game, then i think the win could be vacated. I think this is a different case than anything we have seen before due how high profile he is and timing of it, right in the middle of the season.

Animal02

Banned
I may be wrong and someone can correct me, but I think the BeyBey situation was different bc dan knew and didn't tell cpj about it, so he still played, which p'oed the NCAA. I don't think the uga coaches new this week until after their game with vandy. If it can be proved that the uga coaches knew before the vandy game, then i think the win could be vacated. I think this is a different case than anything we have seen before due how high profile he is and timing of it, right in the middle of the season.
The whole vacated win thing is nonsense unless there was some competitive advantage....i.e. drug use, illegal equipment etc., with the PSU nonsense the biggest example.