Todd Gurley SUSPENDED

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
@Eric FWIW, I propose a new rule of thumb: Bad News for Georgie Football is GT Football News

(I typically don't check this forum regularly and would like to see bad news for u[sic]ga football)

I do find it odd that news about the teams we will be playing this season is often redirected to "non-GT' news.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
We shall see what the true impact is after the initial BIG SPLASH of suspension by UGA. See if the NCAA really holds their feet to the fire or gets a slap on the wrist. The NCAA always gets GT to the extreme but barely punishes other schools for similar or worse offenses. Would be nice if this with girly goes back for awhile and they have to forfeit multiple wins

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to gloat over someone's misfortune. And I certainly don't want to bring on bad karma by excessive glee over this. And I certainly don't want to count Gurley out before we actually play them. And I certainly want to be a good sport and all.

Now he goes off in a corner where no one can see him and does a happy dance.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We shall see what the true impact is after the initial BIG SPLASH of suspension by UGA. See if the NCAA really holds their feet to the fire or gets a slap on the wrist. The NCAA always gets GT to the extreme but barely punishes other schools for similar or worse offenses. Would be nice if this with girly goes back for awhile and they have to forfeit multiple wins

Doesn't it really depend on whether or not his benefits were over $325? If less, I'm sure they'll throw the book at the Un-Iversity of Georgia, and vacate all their recent championships (oh, wait...they don't have any). If it's more, you can bet the NCAA will not be able to uncover any actual evidence of the benefits, and will consequently do nothing...

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hate Ugag as much as any of you, but the dude should have been playing in the league already. The NCAA needs to allow certain kids a waver in my opinion. This might give us a shot now fellows!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The NCAA rules and restrictions are total BS and inconsistently applied. We know that from 2009.

I hate UGAg.

So I am conflicted here. Best case, the NCAA is thrown out of D1 football and UGAg loses.

Go Missouri!!!!!! And every other UGAg opponent.

Like Spurrier said, it's better to play UGAg at the end of the season when many of their players are suspended or in jail.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Since he's SEC , the NCAA will probably do a Manziel on him. They will ask him if he did it, he'll reply "uh, no" and they will apologize to him for asking and let him get back on the field.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
"The junior established himself as a leading Heisman contender with several signature games and moments" per espn.

i think he had more then just 'several' signature games. lmao.

gt had to forfiet a championship game and a championship. does this mean the uga is now o fer the season? couldnt happen to a more deserving bunch.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If he actually did this, he's through for the the year. But the evidence isn't in yet … completely. What I can't believe is that a) he didn't know that selling autographed equipment is a violation of NCAA rules (even I knew that) and b) that the Ugag coaches didn't catch this soon enough to stop him. I can't figure out who is the biggest doofus from those alternatives. Spurrier was right, I guess; if you play them later they'll have lost a good player or two.

We shouldn't be too complacent about this, however, and neither should anyone else. Mitchell is a potential 100 ypg RB and he'll be back soon. This week, however, they will start an RB with, if I'm not mistaken, a broken thumb.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Gotta admit I am so flipping tired of the Nobody Can Accept Anything that I could scream! I hate this for TG, I hate it for college football and I hate for college athletes as a whole! I think it's long past time for the Power 5 to tell the ncaa where to go!

Last edited: