Today’s Exhibition

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Shot FTs well. Provided hurricane relief. Other than that, any freshman learnings FAR OUTWEIGHED by JO injury. That’s a major spoiler alert.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i was sort of expecting a year slightly worse than last year anyways - never plan on relying on FR it seldom works out, and that is not what Pastner is trying to build anyways.
If Josh is out a long time it means more time for the FR to learn and grow and be better as SO.
FWIW, I feel it was relatively unlikely JO leaves after this season anyways, he has some huge holes in his game he has to show he has filled before he would get drafted - if he now is going to miss alot of this season, just makes it more likely to me he comes back.

Also, JO could have had the injury in any game, that is just dumb luck sometimes.
The good news is if JO is out for awhile any expectations go out the window and you can concentrate on getting players and the team better as the year goes on.
All that said, I hope he can recover quickly and it isn't too horrible.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Few things from today:
*My boy Simonds is a B-A-L-L-E-R
*Okogie and Tadric came off the bench and didn't play normal minutes along with Ben
*No one shot well at all
*Alvarado is a dog on defense. Guards full court, all up in the grill of the player, and got multiple steals
*Okogie and Alston both left with injuries. Josh had his left finger taped and went to the locker room. Alston had a knee injury and stayed on the bench with ice on it.
*Moses Wright had the highlight play of the day for us, with a putback dunk on two defenders..though called back for a suspect offensive foul(over the back)
*Coach Pastner seemed really relaxed and even if we got a bad call was just laughing w/ the coaches and refs. Ron Hunter on the other hand, hahaha. Was freaking out over everything(as usual) and was hilarious to watch(as usual)
*Georgia State clearly came out with all they got, and were on a mission. Wanted it way than tech, and it showed, as GT acted like what it was....a scrimmage
Recruiting:
*big 6'11 dude sitting courtside wearing and EBYL shirt(I couldn't see who it was tho)
*My favorite '19 player, Ashton Hagans was in the building with a couple of people I didn't recognize

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Jose and curt are both really good shooters so it sucks to hear they both had terrible games. But talking to Jose before the game I could tell he was a little nervous, ball bounces different a couple times and it’s a whole new game. I think they’ll be fine, got those first game jitters out the way now it’s just playing ball. At least they can’t do worse than they did today

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Jose and curt are both really good shooters so it sucks to hear they both had terrible games. But talking to Jose before the game I could tell he was a little nervous, ball bounces different a couple times and it’s a whole new game. I think they’ll be fine, got those first game jitters out the way now it’s just playing ball. At least they can’t do worse than they did today, the thing is no matter if the shot is falling or not he will always bring 100% on defense and I think that’s what will get him a lot of minutes this season. Mark my words he is one of college basketballs best defensive players.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Also I don't know if this was discussed but where was AD? Not even on the bench. Ogbonda (injured) and Shembari(redshirt) were there at the end of the bench in street clothes but no AD.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
The box score said one thing about Jose, but the DMs from @connell62, live at the game, gushing about Jose is what I trust.
Yeah I was impressed with him besides the box score. Played great defense, and flys down the court with the ball. Only negative was his shooting(a few balls were in/out or hit every part of the rim before bouncing out) and putting up a few tough layup with guys open on the wing or short corner. Which is easily fixed with reps and chemistry

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I was impressed with him besides the box score. Played great defense, and flys down the court with the ball. Only negative was his shooting(a few balls were in/out or hit every part of the rim before bouncing out) and putting up a few tough layup with guys open on the wing or short corner. Which is easily fixed with reps and chemistry

How did he do when matched up with Simonds? We are going to see a lot of guys like him going forward.