Today’s Exhibition

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Biggest upside I see in this game is FT - 23-28. I'd take that every game.
As Chason mentioned I think the 2 coaches came in with different plans as well. Hunter wanted to win this game. I don't think Pastner cared too much about winning this game - he just wanted to get young players experience.

FWIW, post game notes said Alston suffered a sprained knee. So right now you have Cole just coming back after missing 8-9 days with a concussion and currently have Alston, Okogie and Ogbonda all with injuries of somewhat unknown severities.

Ben was his pretty typical self. 14 pts, 9 rbs. 5-5 FG, 4-4 FT.
If the injuries keep guys out for awhile the lineup is not pretty to look at. Right now we would have Lammers, AD, Wright and Cole in the frontcourt and Jose, Moore, Curtis and Tadric on the perimeter.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

The pics some up the game:
Jose's pesty defense getting a hand on the ball, Simonds pumped and talking massive $h*t (which I'm a fan of), and Ron/GSU fan base going nuts

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Few things from today:
*My boy Simonds is a B-A-L-L-E-R
*Okogie and Tadric came off the bench and didn't play normal minutes along with Ben
*No one shot well at all
*Alvarado is a dog on defense. Guards full court, all up in the grill of the player, and got multiple steals
*Okogie and Alston both left with injuries. Josh had his left finger taped and went to the locker room. Alston had a knee injury and stayed on the bench with ice on it.
*Moses Wright had the highlight play of the day for us, with a putback dunk on two defenders..though called back for a suspect offensive foul(over the back)
*Coach Pastner seemed really relaxed and even if we got a bad call was just laughing w/ the coaches and refs. Ron Hunter on the other hand, hahaha. Was freaking out over everything(as usual) and was hilarious to watch(as usual)
*Georgia State clearly came out with all they got, and were on a mission. Wanted it way than tech, and it showed, as GT acted like what it was....a scrimmage
Recruiting:
*big 6'11 dude sitting courtside wearing and EBYL shirt(I couldn't see who it was tho)
*My favorite '19 player, Ashton Hagans was in the building with a couple of people I didn't recognize

Chason, right on the money. I would agree with 100%. The GSU bench and their fan base were acting like it was a play-in game for the NCAA tournament.

One thing I'll add, I thought GSU was a solid team and played well. That said, we shot terribly, starters played sparingly, and we were never out it.

Co-Sign on Alvarado...he will be one of the better defensive PGs we have seen here in a while.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The box score said one thing about Jose, but the DMs from @connell62, live at the game, gushing about Jose is what I trust.

I was very impressed...He played very good defensively, never rattled, and just looked smooth running the team. He seemed to be in control of the offense throughout. He didn't shoot well, but no one did. That said, the ball never stopped moving or bogged down, he also got into the lane and created shots for others.

He's going to need some room to grow, but he's got onions. Late in the game, he picked somebody's pocket and started a fast break for a bucket, took a rebound coast to coast for an and-one. In other words, he

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

The pics some up the game:
Jose's pesty defense getting a hand on the ball, Simonds pumped and talking massive $h*t (which I'm a fan of), and Ron/GSU fan base going nuts

@ChasonBaller who were you cheering for? I was just cheering for whoever had the ball lol. Simonds played fantastic, and I think we win the Sun Belt this year. Can't wait for the Sports Arena to be rocking.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
First part of this year is going to be rough.
Overall trend is really good but short term will be a witch.