Times set for 4 games!!!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don’t see why anyone’s complaining. Outside of Alcorn State, all these are road games. I sure as **** want to play at noon in Pittsburgh. Friday night game at Louisville is way better than a game at Louisville where they’ve tailgated all day.

Last year on Friday nights, excluding Thanksgiving Weekend, Road teams were 18-17 in FBS matchups. Ranked Power 5 teams went 4-3 against unranked teams. If we come in as an underdog at Louisville on a Friday night, that only goes in our favor.

Jmonty71

Banned
So how do you explain Wake Forest getting all their 3:30 and prime time games?
I'm sure it depends on who Wake plays. It sounds more like sour grapes... Again.. If GT can span some wins together, I'm sure the game times will improve. I honestly could care less about Wake, UVA, Dook or any other team's start times. It does no good complaining about the start times of other teams. If we win games, the networks will be forced to show more prime time game slots.

I'm sure it depends on who Wake plays. It sounds more like sour grapes... Again.. If GT can span some wins together, I'm sure the game times will improve. I honestly could care less about Wake, UVA, Dook or any other team's start times. It does no good complaining about the start times of other teams. If we win games, the networks will be forced to show more prime time game slots.
Wake seldom plays as tough a schedule as Tech (Tech has toughest schedule in the ACC this year), so I don't see how anyone can claim they get good kickoff times because of the quality of their opponents. And Wake certainly hasn't had any more success on the playing field than Tech has. I don't call it sour grapes; I call it a legitimate complaint.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Face it... Teams that draw a lot of interest get the more prime game slots. Can anyone HONESTLY say that we have a team that will draw a lot of interest, yet? What about this team says "prime time spot?". I am not trying to be negative, but truth is truth. Until we can show the networks we are a team worth showing a prime time game, we will continue to get noon time slots. For now... Just be glad we are still on TV. I hope we throw mud, crap and every other debris known to man, into the faces of the experts and networks. But, until then... We just need to focus on winning and not whining.
I can HONESTLY say that Tech will not draw any interest as long as PJ is head coach.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I can HONESTLY say that Tech will not draw any interest as long as PJ is head coach.
The interest going into the 2015 season was national. Lots of CPJ talk. Then we sucked.

. Nevertheless the media was ready to run with the triple option/no play calling sheet story. There is no national bias against CPJ.

There certainly is media bias around here but that has a lot more to do with the GT on his shirt and less with whatever your negative perception of him is.

RocketJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sigh....
Alright so here's the thing. ESPN doesn't have it out for Tech, they want viewers and they don't care about your personal game day experience at all.
It's important to remember that the 12:30 game isn't considered the bottom of the barrel in terms of priority. In fact, that slot is given higher priority than even the night games on ESPNU. It's not that we're bad per se. Just to middle of the road.
Why? Well think of it like this. ESPN wants to keep as many fans in front of the TV Saturday all day long. Fans generally watch their own teams and the marquee matchups, so they spread those out to keep you glued all day long. The prime time slot is still key, but if they load all the games into that slot they'll lose viewers.
Notional Example:
Team A - In the marquee matchup of the week. CFP contender. They have 100 fans in the fanbase that watch every game
Team B - Not a CFP contender but probably a bowl contender. 40 fans
Team C - Power-5 bottom feeder. 20 fans
Let's say ESPN finds that about 25% of the fans listed above are also general fans who wanna watch the week's big game. They can put these 3 teams in one of 3 slots: 1 noon game and 2 night games that overlap
Obvious Team A gets the prime time slot on ABC, it's needed to attract the "general fans" to the prime time slot. But what about the other 2?
If they put team C at noon:
-20 Team C fans watching Team C at noon
-100 Team A fans will watch Team A at night
-40 Team B fans watch Team B at night
- 4 team C fans watching Team A at night
-164 game viewers

Now, lets put Team B at noon:
-40 Team B fans watching Team B at noon
-100 Team A fans watching Team A at night
-20 Team C fans watching Team C at night
-10 Team B fans watching Team A at night
-170 game viewers

Gross over-simplification but you get the picture. We are Team B, and that's all there is to it. Being the Marquee matchup would be nice, but if we are getting 7PM on ESPNU(Or the Ocho or whatever), that's probably a bad sign for the direction of the program. That's when the lowest priority games are played.