Times set for 4 games!!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The good news is that there are two night games so far. The bad news is that they aren’t at BDS. I may be forgetting but it seems like the last non Thursday night game at BDS was a long, long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Realities:
1) There are several TV darlings in the ACC: Clemson, FSU, Miami and maybe Louisville. For the other schools in the ACC, it's unlikely you'll get a primetime kickoff unless you are playing one of those schools.

2) Noon/12:30p kickoffs aren't as bad perception-wise as in the past. Networks try to spread around good games.

3) Georgia Tech literally has no say in kickoff times. They (we) accept the $20 million check from ESPN, so the people who write the checks write the rules.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
long, long time ago = Wake Forest at 7:30p last season
Ah yes...the game where my wife and I got mixed up as to which MARTA station we parked at Candler or Edgewood around midnight. I put my credit card, driver's license, and all cash except $5 in my sock when I realized we were the only ones on the platform.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
106 long days until Alcorn State. What else are we going to complain about for the next 2,544 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Realities:
1) There are several TV darlings in the ACC: Clemson, FSU, Miami and maybe Louisville. For the other schools in the ACC, it's unlikely you'll get a primetime kickoff unless you are playing one of those schools.

2) Noon/12:30p kickoffs aren't as bad perception-wise as in the past. Networks try to spread around good games.

3) Georgia Tech literally has no say in kickoff times. They (we) accept the $20 million check from ESPN, so the people who write the checks write the rules.
Regarding your first point: Interesting theory, but it doesn't stand up to empirical data. Case in point: Wake Forest who, over the past two seasons, has had:
  • four noon(ish) kickoffs (two against your marquee teams)
  • twelve 3pm(ish) kickoffs (two against your marquee teams)
  • eight prime-time kickoffs (two against your marquee teams)
So, one-third of Wake's non-marquee games were prime-time—and sixteen out of eighteen were at either 3pm or prime time (and as far as I'm concerned the 3pm slot is as good as, if not better than, prime time). And, flipping it around, Wake playing one of the marquee teams made it no more likely for the game to be scheduled in prime time.

There must be someone high-placed at ESPN and/or the ACC Network who is a big-time WF booster...

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think our games being televised is more important when its against a cupcake like alcorn. Alcorn state is not going to demand a prime billing anyway,
Its televised either way. We get screwed with the game times every year