Times set for 4 games!!!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So some think we should kick off vs alcorn later in the afternoon with the Kick Off classic going on that evening?

Oh yeah, brilliant.

If we are not in the Classic, we should be on the road vs a big opponent.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Realities:
1) There are several TV darlings in the ACC: Clemson, FSU, Miami and maybe Louisville. For the other schools in the ACC, it's unlikely you'll get a primetime kickoff unless you are playing one of those schools.

2) Noon/12:30p kickoffs aren't as bad perception-wise as in the past. Networks try to spread around good games.

3) Georgia Tech literally has no say in kickoff times. They (we) accept the $20 million check from ESPN, so the people who write the checks write the rules.
But we sure can say something. Tstan needs to make a fuss about this because it's not fair to us as fans

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
So some think we should kick off vs alcorn later in the afternoon with the Kick Off classic going on that evening?

Oh yeah, brilliant.

If we are not in the Classic, we should be on the road vs a big opponent.
You think we are competing with the CFA game? You concerned with TV or butts in seats conflict because I don't see an issue either way.

Jmonty71

Banned
Face it... Teams that draw a lot of interest get the more prime game slots. Can anyone HONESTLY say that we have a team that will draw a lot of interest, yet? What about this team says "prime time spot?". I am not trying to be negative, but truth is truth. Until we can show the networks we are a team worth showing a prime time game, we will continue to get noon time slots. For now... Just be glad we are still on TV. I hope we throw mud, crap and every other debris known to man, into the faces of the experts and networks. But, until then... We just need to focus on winning and not whining.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Face it... Teams that draw a lot of interest get the more prime game slots. Can anyone HONESTLY say that we have a team that will draw a lot of interest, yet? What about this team says "prime time spot?". I am not trying to be negative, but truth is truth. Until we can show the networks we are a team worth showing a prime time game, we will continue to get noon time slots. For now... Just be glad we are still on TV. I hope we throw mud, crap and every other debris known to man, into the faces of the experts and networks. But, until then... We just need to focus on winning and not whining.
NOT TRUE!!!! everyone on here says that but it's just not true at all

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Aren’t the 12:30 kickoff times indicators of those games being carried on the ACC network and not an ESPN channel?

The raycom ACC games are only at 12:30

Jmonty71

Banned
According to you.

If we played later, certainly traffic wouldn’t be a problem, right.

A majority would rather watch us play alcorn than watch auburn vs Washington, right?

Yeah, your right.
I rather win every noon game we play, then lose 3:30 games... Not saying either will happen. But, GT seems to do best when we fly under radars and are underdogs. Not sure why.. But, that sure seems the case.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I rather win every noon game we play, then lose 3:30 games... Not saying either will happen. But, GT seems to do best when we fly under radars and are underdogs. Not sure why.. But, that sure seems the case.

Sadly, we are quite proficient in building a program with low expectations (with resulting ticket sales) than building a program with great expectations that might help with media coverage / better ticket & merchandise sales / and maybe more looks from better prospects.

So how do you explain Wake Forest getting all their 3:30 and prime time games?