Thoughts on Syracuse

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Go back and watch it. Singleton slowed down a little when he gained separation and turned to find the ball. Had he run flat out for the whole route, it would have been catchable. That was not just an overthrow, but also a let-up by the receiver.
Receiver broke away from defender toward pylon.

Qb threw more toward corner of end zone.

All good.

Lets all get it on same page

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I know McCord looked pretty good, but hard to tell with Ohio playing super soft coverage all game and not getting much pressure.

I think we are going to run the ball well against their run D and control this game, I’m feeling like a 35-21 type of game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Despite growing up in the south, I’m a firm believer in blue cheese as the official dip for wings… it’s blue cheese country up there.

Dinosaur BBQ is solid. I haven’t been to the one in Syracuse but was at the one in Rochester last year.
Me too.
Like hot wings w blue cheese and very cold beer at hooters ( back when enteraining customers)

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I know McCord looked pretty good, but hard to tell with Ohio playing super soft coverage all game and not getting much pressure.

I think we are going to run the ball well against their run D and control this game, I’m feeling like a 35-21 type of game.
Yeah, he made some good throws for sure, but a lot of throws were wide open. Might be a different line if he was forced to throw under pressure or into more tight windows. If the guy plays like Burrow, well, good for him.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Cuse just gave us a run for our money 6 games ago with a TE at QB…. Plenty of plenty of reason for caution. Also we have to fly up there so if we think jet lag impacted GSU game then that maybe concern here as well. Wonder how many days we went full pads in practice this week. Also we believe we ran a vanilla gameplan against GSU, anyone believe Cuse may have done the same to Ohio to save for our game? I expect this to be a close game, and hopeful our O can control time of possession with strong run game and keep McCord on bench.

GT 34 Cuse 31

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If we don’t beat Cuse then this team and season are in big trouble
Strongly disagree.

It will mean we are still in year two of rebuilding but it doesn’t mean the season is lost.

On the other hand, you and I agree that this game is critical to demonstrating whether this team has gotten to the next level of development or not. A win would be huge and open us up for a magical season. A loss would mean back to the drawing board.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I don't trust BBQ north of Carolina...
I don't trust bbq from North Carolina, but that's my Georgia raising coming out.

fire flame GIF by Sonny's BBQ

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Despite growing up in the south, I’m a firm believer in blue cheese as the official dip for wings… it’s blue cheese country up there.

Dinosaur BBQ is solid. I haven’t been to the one in Syracuse but was at the one in Rochester last year.
It's a chain restaurant? Even more of a reason to not trust it.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It's a chain restaurant? Even more of a reason to not trust it.
The OG restaurant stood alone in Syracuse for many many years. They have a few more now throughout NY. I’ve heard there is one in NYC that isn’t the same though I’ve never been. The one in Syracuse is legit.