Thoughts on Syracuse

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The last time I ate barbecue north of North Carolina, I was in a barbecue joint in New Jersey that everyone in my home office raved about. I asked the waitress what the side dish specialty was, and she said the couscous was good. I ordered a salad and haven’t been in a barbecue restaurant north of the Mason Dixon line since.

Reminds me when I went to an alleged nice steakhouse in Chicago and asked for a sweet tea.

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
The last time I ate barbecue north of North Carolina, I was in a barbecue joint in New Jersey that everyone in my home office raved about. I asked the waitress what the side dish specialty was, and she said the couscous was good. I ordered a salad and haven’t been in a barbecue restaurant north of the Mason Dixon line since.
Hey! I resemble that comment.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I need help finding a photo that was on here (or another similar site) taken during the game at BDS in 2013, a 56-0 drubbing by the good guys. Otto the Orange is taking refuge beneath the west stands and looks like he’s contemplating suicide.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Couscous.......wth

Angry Barrescue GIF by Paramount Network

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
By our style, do you mean perfectly legal textbook dominating pancakes blocks? 😁

that's the one. they can find something to air the laundry on for it. usually the defender reaches up and grabs our guy's jersey as the defender is falling to the ground. that is the textbook definition of holding on GT.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I need help finding a photo that was on here (or another similar site) taken during the game at BDS in 2013, a 56-0 drubbing by the good guys. Otto the Orange is taking refuge beneath the west stands and looks like he’s contemplating suicide.
Didn’t we beat the crap out of them in a bowl game a while ago?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Couscous.......wth
On Saturday our DL is going to have a double-serving of CuseCuse

Classic Film Bow GIF by Warner Archive

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Time to ask why a team from New York has a southern citrus as a mascot. Strap up boys. It's gameday

Your point is valid but a bit inaccurate. (I just finished 1493 that talked a lot about the Columbian exchange so it's fresh in my memory. Wouldn't be a year from now.)

1725712233384.png

Bust their orange asses! (Is it political to say that orange is offensive?)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Your point is valid but a bit inaccurate. (I just finished 1493 that talked a lot about the Columbian exchange so it's fresh in my memory. Wouldn't be a year from now.)

View attachment 16805

Bust their orange asses! (Is it political to say that orange is offensive?)
That book has been on my shelf for awhile but haven’t gotten to it yet. Yes, I’m tired of orange. In ALL of its manifestations.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well that is what happens when you change your name. Was Orangemen but dropped the men so now they are a Citrus.
Our own yellowjacket nickname has morphed from yellow jackets (an item of apparel) to the insect yellowjacket:

"Fans of Georgia Tech would often wear yellow jackets to sporting events in support of the early Georgia Tech teams. The early football teams, lacking gold fabric for jerseys, wore yellow jerseys. John Heisman told the Atlanta Constitution that he wanted his teams to be referred to as the Yellow Jackets in October 1905. In November 1906, the Atlanta Journal portrayed a University of Georgia football player being attacked by a yellowjacket with the words "Somebody's about to get stung" as the caption. This was the first time that the Georgia Tech sports teams were referred to as the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in print."