Thoughts on fan-less games

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ok. Point me in the direction of all the petty lawsuits for Walmart employees dying of covid that Walmart handed money to to shut them up. Or any business, big or small, essential or non-essential.

The liability argument is pretty dumb. No businesses would be open at all right now. Pretty pointless to speculate since the entire Outlook changes week-to-week and in 4 months herd immunity is going to look completely different.
You're right about covid, but that will change. Race organizers have been sued because volunteer course monitors failed to show up and runners went off course. The liability issue is real.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Point me in the direction of all the petty lawsuits for Walmart employees dying of covid that Walmart handed money to to shut them up. Or any business, big or small, essential or non-essential.

The liability argument is pretty dumb. No businesses would be open at all right now. Pretty pointless to speculate since the entire Outlook changes week-to-week and in 4 months herd immunity is going to look completely different.
"It is also thought to be the most frequently sued private personal injury claims defendant in the United States. (Wal-Mart recently changed its name to Walmart for some reason after we wrote this page.) Wal-Mart gets sued nearly 20 times a day, close to 5,000 lawsuits each year."

Whole section on several attorneys websites on how to sue Walmart. Specifically Walmart.

https://www.millerandzois.com/wal-mart-injury-settlements.html

https://www.torklaw.com/guides/how-to-sue-walmart/

I am positive lawsuits are in the process currently for exposing employees to Corona. As well as personal lawsuits from consumers.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If the NCAA cancels football and I am an undrafted football player, I’m sueing the NCAA for ruining my earning potential.
I am pretty sure that would fall into the category of frivolous lawsuits. I assume this is tic, but the idea might actually pop into the head of some players.

Jmonty71

Banned
I am beginning to wonder if there will be a football season, much less having fan-less games. I saw some news reports showing coaches against fan-less games. So, if coaches refuse to play to an empty stadium, then what?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I am beginning to wonder if there will be a football season, much less having fan-less games. I saw some news reports showing coaches against fan-less games. So, if coaches refuse to play to an empty stadium, then what?

Do you mind posting the link. My googling skills are failing me at the moment.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Got a link? Too many stories exagerrated.

One random coach makes a statement that he doesn't like the idea of fanless games...somehow gets reported as COACHES REFUSE TO RISK THEIR LIVES TO PLAY IN EMPTY STADIUMS!

There will be a football season and there will be fans in the stands. Possibly fewer though.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

Maybe Saban would be able to pull that off. I really don't think coaches would have any teeth in that, and even if ADs agreed, I don't think anyone would sacrifice a season of football financially if there was some way to play at least some of the games.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Iowa State going with a 50 percent capacity plan: no single game tickets, so they are pushing to get more season ticket buys.

They must have a lot more seat space than we do , no more room then we have to sit in to keep 6' apart we would need to leave 4 or 5 seats empty which would not leave that many seats to use.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They must have a lot more seat space than we do , no more room then we have to sit in to keep 6' apart we would need to leave 4 or 5 seats empty which would not leave that many seats to use.
They don't, they have a capacity of 61.5K

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
If we played fanless games I’d be in favor of playing them at the Benz if possible.

Playing in a fanless BDS just seems depressing. Might as well let the players have nfl locker rooms and a unique angle for recruiting.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If we played fanless games I’d be in favor of playing them at the Benz if possible.

Playing in a fanless BDS just seems depressing. Might as well let the players have nfl locker rooms and a unique angle for recruiting.

Why would we play indoors when its known now that sunlight will kill the virus??

Also, remember, families and those who arrive in the same vehicles will be allowed to be next to each other. If not, then it's beyond dumb to separate people who just drove a few hours together to get to the game or live in the same house.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
The Bundesliga in Germany and Fox are trying out fake crowd sound on their broadcasts (insert joke about the falcons). Could be something we see in college football if there are no fans allowed.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I keep seeing and hearing about games starting, but without any fans. I really have mixed feelings about this. Would a GT football game at BDS be remotely the same without the fans cheering? I get it, we don't exactly pack the stadium, but an empty stadium? Is starting the season, on time, without fans, something we (fans) want?

Maybe it will make people enjoy games more. Rather than complaining about every little thing, they can be happy they get to go.