Thoughts on fan-less games

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Don't need fans. Let's play. This just gives the UGA nimrods material to poke fun at their rivals. Most of you on here just ***** about our attendance and how the visiting team (like UGA and Clemson) have more fans @ Bobby Dodd than we do, so this will take your reason for bitching away. Probably would work to our advantage with the hype machine Collins is generating.

Go Jackets!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Give it four weeks guys and gals. Once the virus counts stop increasing the fear will go away and it will all take care of itself. Studies are starting to show this thing isn’t as dangerous as believed. More facts will continue to support this in the coming weeks and months. Some fear may remain in the Fall, but there is far too much at stake for football to not be played once everything calms down. It will be played...there will be fans......and unfortunately we probably still won’t be very good and may wish that the games weren’t played. As for me...I’ll take the games

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Has anyone thought about the fact that GT (and many others) would not be able to keep their Athletic Associations afloat without having college football, with fans, this year?

That's a real possibility that many people are overlooking

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Give it four weeks guys and gals. Once the virus counts stop increasing the fear will go away and it will all take care of itself. Studies are starting to show this thing isn’t as dangerous as believed. More facts will continue to support this in the coming weeks and months. Some fear may remain in the Fall, but there is far too much at stake for football to not be played once everything calms down. It will be played...there will be fans......and unfortunately we probably still won’t be very good and may wish that the games weren’t played. As for me...I’ll take the games

Agreed but the Doomer millennials will do everything possible to stay locked up in their houses, safe from all life's dangers for as long as possible so they can continue their productive lives of video gaming and Netflix streaming. They are the loudest, most-cowardly demographic in all this.

GTFLETCH

Banned
In an interview with KVOI-AM in Tucson, Arizona, Robbins said he is worried about intercollegiate sports getting back to normal after the cornovirus. "I'm really concerned about whether we're going to be playing football in the fall," Robbins told the radio station. "My sense, right now, I just don't see that happening." "We're waiting to see what the NCAA does, what the Pac-12 does," Robbins said. "As much as I want it, you know, it just seems as though if we do play any football in the fall, it's going to be delayed because I've heard nothing and we're headed to May 1. My hope is we're going to get some clarity on this very soon, but it seems unlikely to me. I'd love to see it happen, but we're waiting every day to get some guidance."

Robbins said the scenario he is hearing the most is that fall and winter sports, including men's and women's basketball, would all be played in 2021.

"What I've been hearing more of is that maybe doing something combining both basketball and football for the spring, so January-February 2021, and try to play both of them," Robbins said. "There will be all kind of implications for television viewing and confusion. I don't know. We just don't have any answers right now."

"I did, however, say that the current thinking is that it's likely that fall sports will be canceled," Katsouleas said. "This was not based on any inside knowledge or discussions on the subject and was nothing more than speculation. No decisions have been made about fall sports and when they are made, we will look to the NCAA and our conference to take the lead on those choices."

Robbins conceded that his opinions about delaying fall sports or pushing them back to the spring were his "personal reading of the tea leaves."

"It's going to be very difficult to start the [football] schedule as it currently exists," Robbins said.

Link
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...all-increasingly-unlikely-more-answers-needed

Jmonty71

Banned
Selfish country my ***. Thousands of young men in a graveyard at Normandy (among other places) proves otherwise.
I think this is an apple and oranges type thing. While I agree where money is concerned, most Americans are kind of greedy and selfish. However; where is comes to defending freedom, people can put pettiness aside for greater causes, almost all the time. In the roaring 20s, we were rather greedy, back in that day too. I sure hope that the 2040s doesn't lead to some short man, trying to dominate the world. Just saying......