This should be a nice fun thread.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
After being a loyal follower for years, I quit their site and deleted my account after they wrote a very biased article against Josh Pastner when he was sued for sexual assault. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Some of their writers tweet vile filth - last fall some of the cursing and idiocy directed at Ted Roof was over the line. I am no Ted Roof fan, but if you're a Georgia Tech writer, you should represent the community well. There was just too much negativity over there. Here I have found a much more well balanced community of people. Its okay to criticize, its okay to be negative. But be fans. Be loyal. I'm not going to even click through to read the article.
I hope the fan base, and certainly the coaches and players, do not build in a "Fail" line. 2014 was a great year and it's true, we were fairly close to a playoff spot. But to say we can never do better? Ever? Now that we have decided not to compete, then spend the money on club sports and be done with football. Shoot, I have known a few engineering types in my life and they all seemed competent and were clearly ambitious, and from our pickup basketball games and flag football on winter Sundays I know damn well they were competitive. Not exactly a trophy article for Georgia Tech. As my father in law would say, get that bum outta here.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
My initial reaction was to respond, "LOL."

Then, I thought that maybe you were serious. So, I thought that I should try and understand your position.

Could you flesh out what you meant? Are you dissatisfied with the O? What would be a satisfactory measure of the O?

Are you dissatisfied with the D? Have you lost patience with CPJ looking for a good DC?

Or, are you trolling?
AE87, being a Tech fan since the 70's/season ticket holder/donor, I'm too old to troll .

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Harsh replies on here. These guys are clearly fans, and probably enjoy writing about Tech. The type of writing IMO is like a mix of Barstool and The Ringer. Can we win a championship? I think we could have in 2014 with a couple more bounces. No one was really beating us at the end of the year if we had Smelter, but we should not lose to Duke. Can we get to that point again? Yes, but it would take a lot of luck. I agree with some points in the article. We aren't Alabama etc. and never will be, but once every 10 years or so I think we could have a season like 2014 or maybe even better once every 15-20 years, but most years we will be in the 6-9 win range. Hopefully Todd can help get us up to winning 8-10 on a regular basis, and I'm okay with that.

Deleted member 2897

Harsh replies on here. These guys are clearly fans, and probably enjoy writing about Tech. The type of writing IMO is like a mix of Barstool and The Ringer. Can we win a championship? I think we could have in 2014 with a couple more bounces. No one was really beating us at the end of the year if we had Smelter, but we should not lose to Duke. Can we get to that point again? Yes, but it would take a lot of luck. I agree with some points in the article. We aren't Alabama etc. and never will be, but once every 10 years or so I think we could have a season like 2014 or maybe even better once every 15-20 years, but most years we will be in the 6-9 win range. Hopefully Todd can help get us up to winning 8-10 on a regular basis, and I'm okay with that.

Meanwhile the report on Pastner has been out all week and no article and no even mention in the daily articles. These were the same guys who refused to show any real defense or loyalty to Pastner when the ridiculous charges against him were launched. To me, putting all of this together, it can’t help but make me wonder what they’re up to over there. It feels like completely random people with no Tech connection are just clocking in and clocking out every day.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree. I meant Rice has less than 5,000 undergrad and their football tradition is nothing like ours. Except for Heisman coaching them.

I know it is ancient history and still hard to believe but there was a time when Rice was a power in the old Southwest Conference. We went to play them in 1962 a decided underdog as they were ranked (in those days that went only to the top 10) and beat them in typical Dodd fashion. It is noteworthy in that shortly thereafter, Rice simply could no longer recruit in Texas as they once did and the way down went a lot faster (as it often does in both football and life) than did the way up and a once proud football tradition became an afterthought. This COULD happen to us if we are not careful. The football landscape is littered with once storied programs that did not tend to their knitting (recruiting, infrastructure, etc.) and paid the price in becoming mediocre or in the case of Rice and Tulane homecoming fodder. It is possible to make a comeback with huge infusions of cash, smart coaching, revived recruiting (OK paying players is the quickest way) as seen with TCU, Oregon, and Virginia but it is difficult and costly.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Meanwhile the report on Pastner has been out all week and no article and no even mention in the daily articles. These were the same guys who refused to show any real defense or loyalty to Pastner when the ridiculous charges against him were launched. To me, putting all of this together, it can’t help but make me wonder what they’re up to over there. It feels like completely random people with no Tech connection are just clocking in and clocking out every day.
Doubt they're making any money writing about Tech sports, so I have no reason to believe they are doing it for any reason other than being Tech fans, having some anti Tech agenda makes no sense. Takes too much time to write articles for a team you don't care about.

Deleted member 2897

Doubt they're making any money writing about Tech sports, so I have no reason to believe they are doing it for any reason other than being Tech fans, having some anti Tech agenda makes no sense. Takes too much time to write articles for a team you don't care about.

I definitely don't think they are pro-Tech (which is different than being anti-Tech). If you're not a passionate fan of Georgia Tech, to me that would lead to lazy writing and lazy behavior. Some of them in the past have used extremely vile and filthy language at Tech people, for example at Ted Roof. You can be critical of people, coaching, etc., without taking it to that level. I don't see any passion or loyalty.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I definitely don't think they are pro-Tech (which is different than being anti-Tech). If you're not a passionate fan of Georgia Tech, to me that would lead to lazy writing and lazy behavior. Some of them in the past have used extremely vile and filthy language at Tech people, for example at Ted Roof. You can be critical of people, coaching, etc., without taking it to that level. I don't see any passion or loyalty.
I mean. Have you seen GT Swarm Chat on game day?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I mean. Have you seen GT Swarm Chat on game day?
having a chat room for any breaking event, sports or news, combines the worst of all worlds. It invites and encourages anger, disinformation, misinformation, emotional responses, and almost the complete elimination of any rational, objective and temperate conversation. Might be great to let it all out and avoid the couch, but it adds zip.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
having a chat room for any breaking event, sports or news, combines the worst of all worlds. It invites and encourages anger, disinformation, misinformation, emotional responses, and almost the complete elimination of any rational, objective and temperate conversation. Might be great to let it all out and avoid the couch, but it adds zip.
“disinformation, misinformation...”

What’s the difference?