This should be a nice fun thread.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...e-fingers-2014-was-our-peak-and-thats-alright

"Will we ever do better than we did in 2014? No. Is that a bad thing? Also no."

Please at least scan the article before blasting the headline.

Anyway....

giphy.gif

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
JFK: We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

The guy that wrote the article: Hot air balloons are nice, Mr. President.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but the author lost all credibility when he stated:

Think back to 2015 now. We lost a lot of close games with basically the same roster as 2014.
Anyone who equates losing all the talent players on offense (apart from our QB) between the 2014 and 2015 seasons to having “basically the same roster” has lost touch with reality.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
JFK: We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

Left off the part about why does Rice play Texas. We are not Rice, but I will put money against our strength of schedule to be in the top 10 for the next decade, easy. Miami, Clemson, uga.....

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

K but after JFK made that speech the entire USA Budget shifted to fund the Apollo mission. There was a LOT of $$$ where his mouth was. That's not happening here.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
well considering the folks who write for the rumble seat never played football and live in another state... Don't have any access to the program. Read it for entertainment
All true but I read them as fan articles about fans. Not as insider information about depth chart/recruiting.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

" But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?"

Will we ever do as well as 1990, 2009, 2014........what a question. 2014 fell in a year where we had a heavy senior laden team......see UGA 2017.....We lost 10 offensive starts from 2014 and yes we did lose 6 games in 2015 by 6 points or less. What will this year bring? Well if Woody can get two more stops on defense and or create 7 more turnovers than last year. And we get TM making some better reads, we could win 10 games. Georgia and Clemson are the best teams we face and I don't think Georgia will be any better than their 2014 team. Clemson will have trouble on offense.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with everything in the article. To me there are two college footballs. In one, teams are just trying to win conference championships, beat their rivals, and go to quality bowl games. In the other, a small group of teams are competing for a national championship. It will be roughly the same teams in the championship category every year with a couple of temporary outliers, and in my opinion it is relatively boring. Because of the money and prestige involved, it isn't likely to change for a long time and the gap seems to grow wider and wider. I still love competing in the first category though. To me that is real college football.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but the author lost all credibility when he stated:

Think back to 2015 now. We lost a lot of close games with basically the same roster as 2014.
Anyone who equates losing all the talent players on offense (apart from our QB) between the 2014 and 2015 seasons to having “basically the same roster” has lost touch with reality.

Be kind. The OP doesn't have a college education.(y)

Deleted member 2897

After being a loyal follower for years, I quit their site and deleted my account after they wrote a very biased article against Josh Pastner when he was sued for sexual assault. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Some of their writers tweet vile filth - last fall some of the cursing and idiocy directed at Ted Roof was over the line. I am no Ted Roof fan, but if you're a Georgia Tech writer, you should represent the community well. There was just too much negativity over there. Here I have found a much more well balanced community of people. Its okay to criticize, its okay to be negative. But be fans. Be loyal. I'm not going to even click through to read the article.