The Search

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't get the Ron Hunter interest. He's made 2 NCAA tournament appearances ever. I think his ceiling would be slightly better than Gregory's, if that.

So, you don't think GT has enough to offer that an AD should be able to sell it to prospective coaches and guage their actual interest?

And you think that hiring the guy who took a team projected at the bottom of conf Usa to be competitive with its best teams in one year would be a horrible decision because he's a GT hero?

I guess we're different kinds of fans.
So where would the money come from? Like I said, Tech does not have a bottomless well from which to draw, thanks to Brainedead and the Blewitt contract. And no, I don't want a "GT hero" simply because he is a "GT hero."

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So who's the college BB equivalent to Bob Stitt? Low division (Think D3) guy who can flat out coach that makes winners out of bottom of the barrel talent? Has a great system, and has a good brand of basketball.

I'll take that guy right now.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So where would the money come from? Like I said, Tech does not have a bottomless well from which to draw, thanks to Brainedead and the Blewitt contract. And no, I don't want a "GT hero" simply because he is a "GT hero."
None of us really know how much money we have to spend on a coach or if money was the real reason that Drew is going to Vandy. All we know is that Bobinski didn't get the job done when it appeared to be a done deal.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Do you think the AD should say money isn't an issue if it is? Why mention it at all then? Why lie if you have to mention it? Do you know beyond doubt that it was just money?

Nobody said anything about hiring Price just because he's a Tech hero. I mentioned one point in my post. Smh. What is it with some people that they can't just respond to what you say? Price's coaching resume is more diverse than Jay Laranaga and has college hc experience.

None of us really know how much money we have to spend on a coach or if money was the real reason that Drew is going to Vandy. All we know is that Bobinski didn't get the job done when it appeared to be a done deal.
According to whom was it a "done deal"? MBob never said it was. Drew never said it was. So what makes you think that it was, because it obviously wasn't.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
According to whom was it a "done deal"? MBob never said it was. Drew never said it was. So what makes you think that it was, because it obviously wasn't.
Anyone else this this is MBob in disguise?
You really should be out there finding us a new candidate rather than trolling the message boards.

Anyone else this this is MBob in disguise?
You really should be out there finding us a new candidate rather than trolling the message boards.
I just think that with the very limited amount of information anyone on this board has to go by, it is just absurd that everyone is jumping on MBob. Nobody on here knows any more than I do, which is nothing.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And it's his fault that the "top two" turned him down? What could he have done differently that you can with complete knowledge of things point to? Could he have offered more money, assuming that was the difference maker? Since when does the Athletic Department at Tech have a bottomless well from which to draw money? We are probably fortunate even to have been in the running.

Seriously? What he should have done differently is not fire Gregory until he had something better. It is not at all clear now that we will have anything better than CBG at this stage...so why pay TWO buy-outs unless you have a much better solution, AND HE PROMISED THAT when he fired CBG.